F O U R

•(1402 words)•

•(1402 words)•

~TOM'S POV~

I woke up to my alarm going off in my pocket. I took a deep breath and it smelled like flowers and spring. I opened my eyes to see Y/N's hair. I had my arm around her stomach and my head was in the crook of her neck. I sat there for a moment, felling her stomach rise and fall with her breath. I slid out of bed and looked at her sleeping softly. Her hair was partially covering her face.
I had work in an hour and I had to go home and get ready. I remembered the events of the night before and I thought it was quite pleasant. To be honest, that was the first time sleeping over at a woman's house I just met and not sleeping with her. I left a note on the kitchen table along with the baggie of coke I had in my pocket. Not without talking a bump or two though. I needed a little boost to start the day.
*
The bell rang that was hanging above the door. I looked over to see John, he was about 65 and I saw him here quite often.
"How have you been John! Long time no see"
"Good, good, not dead yet"
"Well what have you got for me today?"
"I fell on my ankle few days ago, walking down the driveway" John set a brown paper bag folded on the top on the counter. "They kept me for two days, for a god damn broke ankle"
I opened up the bag to see two orange bottles. I took one out.

John Lenny
Oxycodone 100mg
Take one pill every 24 hours for pain.

"Both bottles are the same" John pointed out.
"Thanks John..." I handed the man 10, 20 dollar bills.
"Thanks Tom, have a good one" he shook the money and walked to the door.
"You to Mr. Lenny" John left and I put the bag in a safe under the counter.
My job was a high risk high reward kind of job, yet it was fairly laid back and easy. We would either pay people to break an arm or a leg, then they would give us the pain killers they got from the doctors. Or like in Johns case they would just come in whenever he had them, and exchange it for money. John told me he never needed them, and he used to just throw them away. He is actually a pretty cool guy.
We are located in a small and barely used gas station on a back road. I know there are other things that happen in this building besides the purchase of controlled pharmaceuticals, but I don't get involved. I'm just here for the money and boy do I get it.
Most of my day at work I spend sitting in a swivel chair scrolling through Instagram, occasionally doing coke in the back room. Today was no different. I saw a text from a number I've never seen before pop up at the top of my screen, while looking at Paul Rudd's new Netflix show updates.

(708-232-7555)- thank you for the present. I had fun last night too -Y/N

I made a new contact for her before I texted her back.

ME- I'm glad. I'm sorry if me sleeping over was too much. I didn't even remember falling asleep.

Y/N💃🏻- no it's totally fine, I would have felt bad if you had to take a cab in that state.

ME- well thank you. I really appreciate it.

Y/N💃🏻- no, thank you. My night would have been super boring if it wasn't for you.

ME- I'm at that same club every Friday without fail so, you know where to find me.

Y/N💃🏻- ☺️

I got startled by the bell on the door...it was my manager Sam.
"Good afternoon, I brought you a burrito and there is a little something else in the bag for you, on me."
I looked in the bag and there was a small envelope. The envelope contained a small pouch of white power held together with what looked like a hair tie. I was happy he brought it, my cravings where getting pretty bad.
When you first start craving cocaine it's like an itch you just can't scratch, it's always on the back of your mind. Then it slowly consumes you, it's the only thing that you can think of. You're irritable, you can't sleep, and you would do anything to get your hands on it. It's one of the shittiest things I've ever experienced.
I went into the bathroom and snorted half the bag. I had nowhere to cut it so, there was plenty of small rocks and clumps that stung my nose.
A loud banging on the door made me jump, the white powder that was once on my pinky was now dusted in the sink.
"Yeah?" I yelled
"Someone's out here to see you" I heard Sam call. I wiped my nose and walked out.
"Hey Cody, what can I do you for?"
"Well I was just coming for a pick up but I wanted to hear about last night." He lightly punched me on the arm. "How was it?.. you get your dick wet?" He whispered. I stared at him blankly, waiting a while to reply.
"It was fine" I handed him two brown bags from inside the safe. "12,000 milligrams of Oxycodone 4,000 milligrams of Percocet"
"So you did get laid?" He asked again, taking the bags.
"Bye Cody" I opened the door for him and waved him goodbye.
*
I spun around in my while listening to 90's hip hop with an empty bag of coke in my pocket. The sun was setting and that was my cue to leave. I got out of my spiny chair and shut out the lights. I was the last one to leave so it was my job to lock up. The place was pretty shitty, the gas pumps didn't even work. I walked outside as it began to rain. I was surprised it wasn't snowing, it felt like it was below freezing. The rain hit my denim jacket and soaked right through. Each step through the parking lot felt like the rain doubled its intensity. By the time I got to the car I was drenched, head to toe. I was feeling pretty shitty and I just wanted a drink...and a line. I usually bought from my boss, Sam, but a part of me didn't trust him. When I could I buy from my old drug dealer, Noah. I liked him, he was genuine. Sometimes I swear he is hitting on me though.

~NOAH'S POV~

I was at Y/N's, she was coming down from her pill high and I just came to hang out. Y/N opened the window facing the city.
"The sunset Noah, look" I looked over the city, over all the people and houses and office buildings. Looking at each car and bike, thinking about each life that drove that car this morning, or locked up their bike.
"Your phone is ringing" Y/N said from the kitchen. I walked over and picked up my phone from the counter. Tom.
"Hello?"
"Hey, can I come by and get an 8?" Tom asked.
"Um I'm not at my apartment right now, I'm at my friends, but I'll send you the address if you want to swing by"
'Who is it?' Y/N mouthed.
'Tom' I mouthed back.
'Don't tell him I told you about last night' she whispered with a nervous look in her face.
I nodded with understanding.
"Ok awesome, thank you" Tom spoke.
"Anytime" I hung up the phone and sent him Y/N's address.
"Is he coming over here?" Y/N asked hesitantly.
"Uh yeah, just for a second. Why, is that ok?" I asked.
"Uh- Yeah, yeah, totally, fine"
"You good?"
"Uhhu"
"Ok, he will be here in 10 he just texted"
Y/N proceeded to run into the bathroom and get herself ready. I peaked in the door as she got ready. I watched her take a gulp from the liquor bottle to her side.
"Do you need help with anything?" I asked
"Uh nope I'm good thanks" I stepped out and waited on the couch. Eventually there was a nock on the door...