/Chapter zes/ it's scary

As the night came to an end, there were fewer and fewer people. Though to Rosemary's dismay, her parents didn't seem to be leaving yet. Carena, however, was trying to find an opening to talk to Charles.
She left to go out on one of the small balconies. She needed some fresh air. As she was letting the cool night air run through her hair and face. She heard the door behind her opening and closing, someone joined her.

"Are you alright?"

It was Charles.

Carena turned around and slapped him.

"I might not like Jessica, but you're a complete... branleur for flirting with someone else while being engaged. What kind of girl do you think I am?"

"I know and I'm sorry, old habits die hard I guess. I hope we can still be friends. I could really use a friend like you in my life."

"A friend like me?"

"You're the first person to tell it to me straight, my life is filled with yes men. I've never met someone like you in my life. I mean you did just slap me."

"I am one of a kind."

She let out a sigh.

"I guess I could still be your friend, it's time for someone to call you out in your stupidité."

Charles let out a chuckle.

"Yeah, I suppose it is."

"The bad news is, I'm only here for the weekend. I live in the next town, my parents work for the Wellingtons there."

"I know them, their son is a friend of mine. And I guess now I have another reason to visit him."

She didn't know what it was about Charles, he wasn't the type of guy she'd hang out with. He was charming and had this suave vibe about him, and his almost cold brown eyes for a moment looked like it held the stars. But his attractiveness went down the moment she learned of his lies. So why is she still talking to him? Maybe she likes the feeling of something that shouldn't pay attention to you is asking you to pay attention to it. 

When the girls returned to the apartment, they went to work on their dresses again. Before starting on hers Carena made her nightly call to her parents. Her mother was the one to quickly pick up.

"Ma chère, Carena, comment êtes-vous? Êtes-vous se comportent-ils?" [My dear, Carena, how are you? Are you behaving?]

"Oui, maman, je suis en train de faire très bien." [Yes, mom, I'm doing very well.]

"Bon, bon. Je ne peux pas attendre de vous voir. Votre père et je vous aime très beaucoup." [Good, good. I can't wait to see you. Your father and I love you very much.]

"Je vous aime trop, maman. Bonne nuit." [I love you too, mom. Good night."]

"Bonne nuit, mon chéri."

That Sunday the girls dressed in their beautiful unique dresses.
Rosemary had made a pink mermaid tail dress with a sweetheart neckline, she accompanied it with long white gloves and feather boa, and she also curled her hair.
Ally made a gold and black flapper dress, she wore small black gloves, and also curled her hair.
Danielle made a mint green maxi dress with a flower design, also with a sweetheart neckline, she used a flower headband to push her hair away from her face.
Carena made a burgundy dress with a few layers of tulle, she didn't do much else, leaving her naturally curly hair down and not wearing jewelry. 
Skyler came with a classic tux, the tie was a complete mess, Ally pulled him aside to tie it for him.

"You look nice, your father's tux fits you well."

"It's scary, how well it fits. I'm the same size he was at my age."

"Well, your looks are where the similarities end, I assure you."

They went to the wedding, then to the reception, it all seemed to take forever. But it all was tolerable for Rosemary with the company of her friends and Skyler. That night they had a fun sleepover, playing truth or dare, telling scary stories, making prank calls. The next morning Rosemary's mother drove them to school. They also took their dresses with them. 
When she got home she happily told her parents about the weekend, excluding some things, she even showed them her dress. It certainly wasn't the weekend she was planning for, but she loved it.