Chapter 46

Natalie POV
*Two weeks later*
I was sitting in my office and just doing my work. Till now nobody knew about my relationship with Jacob except for family. I haven't talked to Ethan at all in these two weeks.
Knock knock
"Come in" I said. I looked up to see June walk into the room. I frowned. I have never seen June come to this building.
"Hi June" I said. There was an awkward silence between us and after a some seconds I heard June say.
"Umm, right. Ethan and I are decided to get married and our engagement is on coming Sunday."
I looked at the calendar. Today was Tuesday. I felt so hurt. My brother was getting married and I didn't even know about it.
"... I was hoping you would be able to come"
"I'm sorry." I said. "I don't think I will be able to come. Plus, I'm sure he wouldn't want me there."
"Natalie, first of all I'm inviting you as my guest. And second of all, do you want to miss your brother's marriage? I know you both are not on good terms but I know how close you both are and I know how you both love each other. I know it's wrong of him to ask you to choose but i beg you. Please come."
Even though I was hurt at the fact that Ethan hadn't even messaged me about it, I decided that I would go. After all I am his sister.
"I will come, June. Talks for the invite"
With that she left the room.
Within seconds Jacob walks into the room.
"Hello Nat. What was June doing here?" He casually plopped on the chair.
"She came to invite me for her wedding." I sighed.
"I didn't know they were getting married. How come you never told me?"
I looked and barely whispered "because I didn't know"
His eyes immediately softened and he sat on the table in front of me. He cupped my cheeks and said, "I'm so sorry. It's all because of me. If I was never part of your life, this would've have never happened."
I removed his hand from my cheek and held them. "True, if you never came on my life this would've never happened. But think of all the good things that happened. If I never met you, I would've never fallen in love."
"Natalie, you've made the biggest and best change in life. I'm so glad I met someone like you."
As a response, i wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him for a deep, passionate kiss.
A knock on the door quickly pulled us apart.
Stephanie was standing at door and if looks could kill I would've been dead like a gazillion times
*_*_*_*_*_*_*
Hello readers! (If i still have any)
I genuinely hope you are enjoying this book and I know I've been taking forever to update and my updated are generally short but I have some shit called school. Like the teachers are just piling us with h.w
(Sorry, I got drifted away)
Anyways, keep reading, commenting and voting.
Love,
Lena