I Never Thought...

Sabre's Point of View (A few days later)

"Sabre! Come on let's go!" I heard Galaxy say again.

"Okay, I'm up." I got up to see Galaxy Steve full of energy. Just like every morning since we became friends. Right now I really just need to lay low. I can't let Illusion Steve know that I have been with Galaxy Steve.

I followed Galaxy Steve ready for what the day has to bring. Mainly we just talk and explore the forest around us. We even went mining. I was able to get a lot of materials so I can make better and more complex machines when I need to. Even got me a few weapons. Two Iron swords and a bow with a few arrows that Galaxy Steve let me have.

"So what are we going to do today? Fish, mine, explore?" I asked as we walked through the forest.

"I want to do some more exploring maybe even find a better fishing place than the one we have right now!" He said with a lot of enthusiasm. At least Illusion Steve hasn't changed his personality.

I followed him into the plains. It made me feel a bit uncomfortable but I have to act normal. Illusion Steve has no idea where I am he is probably far away from here.

"Hey, what's your favorite color?" He asked me out of the blue.

"Where's that coming from?"

"Well, I realized that you know a lot about me somehow and I think I should learn more about you!"

"Green. Emerald green if you want to be specific." I replied. We stopped and saw a pond.

"Cool, I like Purple the most. Now I'm hungry let's get some fish!" He said going to the one pulling out the fishing rod he always had on him. I grabbed him and slowly followed behind looking for the sign of anyone around but I didn't see anything. We sat in silence for a while. Galaxy Steve telling me everything he caught.

"I almost forgot I have a friend who wanted to meet you today." Oh crap... Is it an Illusion? So far he is the only Steve I could think of that could know Galaxy Steve.

"O...oh really when will he get here?"

"Right now Sabre." I heard the hard to forget the voice of Illusion Steve.

"Sabre this is Illusion Steve!"

"I...I know. I'm surprised Illusion Steve you still haven't killed me yet?" I asked in an almost teasing tone.

"I wanted to talk to you Sabre. It seems you are not fighting the... oh right." Suddenly Lighting strikes and Galaxy Steve was not to my surprise gone.

"He won't remember a thing. Now I just ask why are you not fighting the illusion? I thought you said you would be fighting it?"

"It's called laying low. Trying to hide from you and trying to think of a plan to defeat you!"

"You know I only do this for Galaxy Steve's wish. He just wants everything to go back to normal so I made sure it did."

"This is not back to normal. Back to normal was when the sickness still didn't..." I felt myself lose myself, in something I never thought of before.

"I can not fix the sickness! The illusion is the only way. As long as The Illusion lives the sickness won't spread..."

He started to ramble on the same thing he has told me about over a million times. Why didn't I think of this before? I never thought that the Illusion could be an advantage.

"Illusion I want to make a deal with you!" I said immediately. Cutting him short of his word.

"You know I can kill you here and now. You are not in a place to make one.

"I know but just hear me out. Did you make the Illusion to help Galaxy Steve right? The only reason why Galaxy Steve made you was because of the sickness and how much he wished everything could go back to normal. The Illusion in a way is stopping the sickness from spreading."

"What are you even rambling about Sabre. This is something I have told you time and time again."

"Here is the deal... If I find a cure for the sickness then you will stop the Illusion." I said. I still can't believe I haven't thought of it before. I shouldn't just try to fix on problem. I should try killing toe birds with one stone.

"Now that is very interesting Sabre, even I haven't thought about that. It sounds like a good deal to me..." His thoughts trailed.

"Now what if you can't? What if there is no cure then what will you do?"

"I will let you do whatever you want with me. Kill me, make me your slave."

"I will agree to this deal of yours only on one condition. You only get a month. The moment that this a month over I will be allowed to do whatever I like." I knew he wouldn't give me that much time but hey it's more than I thought he would give me.

"Deal."

"Deal. Now let's see how quickly you give up." He laughed then dissipated in the sound of thunder and the light of thunder. I couldn't help but let out a sigh...

"T...thank goodness that worked! Now all I have to do is find a cure for the sickness... Crap I didn't think that far... how will I know it will work? Well, it doesn't matter right now I actually have hope. If I can find a cure for this sickness then maybe I can finally make this mess right again.
————————————————————————
(1037 words)

Hey, I hope you like the chapter. Usually, I try to make the chapter more than 1000 words but it looks like I wasn't able to today. The next time I do this chapter I will make it above 1000 words.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that Sabre should do this in his series? I mean it makes sense to me it would help a lot of things go right. Now Goodnight or Good day you know whatever time it is for you.