Confronting

Sabre's Point of View
"Look when you were in the timeline you were able to bring Time Steve back."

"Yeah, I kinda remember that. After that, I just couldn't really put my thoughts into words."

"You didn't just bring Time Steve back.
You created a new one. His name is Illusion Steve he stole Alex's powers and with having yours. He was able to put the world in an Illusion. You were here but didn't have any memories of anyone.

I am the only one not affected by the illusion since I am a Player. Right now everyone wants to kill me and the only reason why I am still alive is that I was able to convince Illusion Steve to let me live if I can find a cure for the sickness." I said trying my best to make all of this make sense for Galaxy Steve.

"Okay... I think I understand but why were you in a machine with an empty machine connected to nothing?"

"You were in it. I was trying to figure out what would happen if you and I..."

"You?"

"N...nothing I mean you got me it if the portal and I have no idea how."

"Wouldn't Illusion Steve be here because of the lighting though?"

"Yeah I am for sure he would of..." I jinxed it. I heard the sound of thunder. Looking toward the sound I soon saw the lighting and the figure of a Steve was in front of us. Illusion Steve.

"I spoke too soon didn't I?"

"Yes you did but it's fine hopefully..."

"So it seems I want able to trick you. That is alright I just need to..."

"So you are Illusion Steve?"

"Yes, I am Galaxy Steve." He went down to the ground and walked up to him.

"So how is our deal going?"

"Trying and so far nothing is happing."

"So you put in Galaxy Steve in this? Wait... How did it make it so he couldn't be under my control again!"

"No idea. I was just trying to see if hooking me up the machine did anything to help the sickness instead it did this." He looked at Galaxy Steve.

"I see why you would need him but if I let you work together we will have to change the deal a bit. Two weeks."

"Two weeks?"

"Yes, or I can do what I did to Alex again if you would prefer that?"

"Okay, Two weeks then you can do what you want."

"Very good let's see if you even figure out what to do with this?"

"What was the deal?"

"Well if I could find a cure for the sickness he would stop the Illusion."

"If you didn't?"

"Well then... he allowed me doing whatever he wants with me." Galaxy looked at and nodded.

"Come on not even a hello from my creator?"

"Sorry, Hello Illusion Steve nice to meet you!"

"Okay very oblivious... now this wasn't the only thing I came here for." He went to the machine and looked around it.

"Strange, where is your power source?"

"I just hooked myself with him I didn't have a power source."

"It didn't feel like it."

"What do you mean to feel like it?" I was interested. Galaxy Steve stayed quiet while I and Illusion Steve talked to each other.

"Steve's have this ability to recognize Steve's energies. Like for instance, Galaxy Steve energy feels... how do I explain this... New and Alive? That's probably the best description of his energy." That's how I felt inside the machine when I touched the purple and blue energy. Was that Galaxy Steve's energy?

"When someone uses their magic you can feel it and two energy sources were coming from the machine you used. One was Galaxy Steve's energy the second well. I have not seen that energy before... Smart and Adventurous. Yes, that was it."

"There was no-one else around rather than me and Galaxy Steve maybe it was just your imagination?"

Without warning Illusion, Steve got as close to my face as possible. He looked at me trying to look at me straight in the eyes. Kind of hard to do with my blindfold.

"Unless you aren't what you say you are?" His hand went up my blindfold to take it off of my eyes.

Without hesitation I pulled out my sword and made it go across his chest he backed up and was somehow able to dodge my attack. I stood ready to attack if needed my feet strong and unmoving against the ground holding my sword with both of my hands.

"Very well I will see more into that later when you can't fight me. See you soon Sabre."
Lighting and gone. I relaxed a bit and put my sword away.

"Whoa Sabre I didn't know you were going to do that!"

"Yeah... just... it doesn't matter we have a lot of work to do if we are going to break this Illusion."

"So what's under your eyes then?"

"Nothing." Yeah, we are not going to explain what A Code Jumper is, and hopefully not ever.

"So when you hooked me up to the machine did anything happen?"

"Well, I know that the Sickness isn't just part of your mind but apart of your powers."

"Okay, so we have to get it out of me?"

"I already tried that with Alex. It also takes your powers when you do it."

"So we know now two ways not to do. I know you can think of something." He said encouraging me a little.

"I don't have much of a choice but I know I will... somehow." I started to get lost in my thoughts again. If it's connected to powers does that mean that Illusion Steve has it too? Is that why he is as it?

"Sabre!"

"Sorry, Galaxy Steve what is it?"

"Oh... I just asked what we are going to do next?"

"Well, the only thing I can think of is to find a way to separate the sickness from your powers.

"How are we going to do that?"

"I have no idea. Hopefully, we can think of something."
————————————————————————
(1066 words)  I hope you like the chapter. I hope you understand what I was trying to do here. I know it's really weird but to me it makes sense. Well, I will see you again next chapter.