Chapter 12: A Declaration Of War!

Jake's POV

I sat in the back of a transport truck with my squad. It was silent except for the sound of cars passing and the engine of the trucks. It was basically a convoy, I wasn't told where we were going though. It was most likely another military base.

Terel broke the silence, "I wonder if a World War III will start because of this shit." Johnson nodded, "Most likely. It wouldn't surprise me after they destroyed those fleets. I bet the United Kingdoms is upset about it. I heard that sent over fourty ships out there.".

I sighed, "Over the years we became cocky. And of all the times a war had to start, we had to have a very cocky president." Jeremy nodded before another soldier overheard their conversation, "Hey man, don't dig yourself down. Just beacuse we have Trump, doesn't mean our army is as cocky. We may have used to be the strongest Country up until now, but, I bet if we go straight for their leader, they'll back down.".

I looked at the truck behind us, "Reaching that guy, it'll be impossible to do. Has guards with him at all times along with some girls that are classified as ships." They soldier gave me a confused look, "A girl named as a ship? That doesn't seem very possible. Even if those ships have been risen from the ocean floor.".

Terel flicked a toothpick at the soldier, "Haven't you been watching the news? Those ships that were reported missing showed up in Germany and Russia. I don't like the sounds of German ships entering Germany when they now belong to another nation. You think they will turn against our alliance?" I shook my head, "I have doubts. Betraying NATO is something only a crazy person would do. They would fuck themselves over within a year and be on their knees asking for forgivness.".

A different soldier tsked, "Have you even been watching the news? Did you see those ships that entered Germany and Russia with those warships from WWII? I hate myself for saying this, but, that is someone that would be worth making an alliance with." Johnson jokingly shoved the guys shoulder, "Shut the hall up Carl." We all laughed before the truck came to a stop. I heard the driver talking to someone before the truck began to move. As we entered through the gates, I seen it was a bunch of soldiers patrolling the gates. We were at Fort Knox.

It took a few minutes but we came to stop at the front doors of the base before jumping out the back. Carl patted the side of the truck signaling it to go. We began to walk up to the front doors when a five star General walked out. We stopped in front of him and saluted. He nodded before looking at the other soldiers who began to approach. They saluted to him as well.

"Well good morning ladies. Welcome to Fort Knox. The most fortified military base in America. Follow me please." We all followed with our bags and stuff in our hands. He used a card to open the door before holding it open for us. We walked ina md were in the lobby. It was slacious and quiet. We heard the sound of shoes squeaking and looked to see a garage looking door with two basketball hoops on the ground. Some soldiers were playing basketball.

The General looked at us, "I'll show you all your rooms for the time being." We all followed him once more.

Timeskip brought to you by Eli shooting at a German jet with his F-35!

It took about two hours but we now have our own dorms for a squad. I was laying in bed with my eyes closed thinking about what will happen in the near future. Will I even be able to see my own child grow up? When will I see her again? Will I even be able to? So many questions ran through my head. I was honestly worried.

I peeked over my shoulder to see Johnson in his bunk asleep. I pulled out my phone and seen it was 1:22AM. Damn, that late already? I sighed before quietly getting up from the bed. I slipped on some shoes before opening the door and walking out. As I walked I could hear the sound of my own footsteps. Almost all of the lights were off and it was oretty silent. I heard footsteps but I ignored it. I looked behind me but seen nothing. When I looked ahead I seen a figure standing there, staring at me.

I squinted to help see who it was and it kind if looked like Jeremy. He stood there. Motionless. Staring directly at me, "Hey man, I thought you were asleep in the dorm." No response, I began to get questionable, "You alright?" He then began to walk up to me, still silent. He's pretty creepy right now. I just stood there.

As he got closer, I seen something on his body, it looked like particles. I then realise it isn't Jeremy. It was a Russian man wearing an armor that looked like the one I wore back in that nation, I seen his hand moving to his side. I then began to think of what I should do. Run? Fight? Hide? He then ran at me with a pistol and knife in hand. He ran right past me and stopped before I felt a major pain in my side. I was cut.
I had no weapon. He calmly turned around and had a deadpan expression before raising ghe pistol and pointing it at me, then

.
.
.
.
.
BANG!

The man fell to the floor. I looked further away to see that five star General at the end of the hall with a 44 magnum in his hands. He holstered the gun before jogging towards me. He kicked the body but there was no reaction. The bullet went in one side and out the other through his skull. He then walked up to me and noticed I was clutching my side. Muliple soldiers were running down the halls to where they heard the shot before seeing me and the General standing there. A medic noticed I was holding my side before coming up to me.

"Are you hurt?" I nodded, "Yeah, fucker sliced my side with a knife." The medic immediately began to grab a bandage out of his kit and began to wrap it around my waist. The General kicked the body right in the crotch only for no response. He then looked at the guys appearance, "Damn Russians." I shook my head, "No sir, that's a Blood Eye Legion soldier." He looked at me before huffing,"Seems like we just entered a war. Sending a soldier here to execute soldiers.".

Then there was a ring. The General lifted the body a bit before reaching into the Russian's pocket and pulling out a phone. He opened it and tsked. He tossed it on the ground, "The guys boss left a text. His next target was your squad, Woodland. He apparently has eliminated five squads here already." I looked down thinking of how their families will react to the news. Not well that's for sure...

To be continued...