19

Wooyoung smiled down at Wynter as she waved her arms back and forth while he changed her diaper. She tried to clap them together while flashing a large, gummy smile and giggling.

"You're so happy today! I love it." Wooyoung cooed, and lifted her up, holding her high in the air before bringing her to his chest. She nuzzled in instantly.

I'm almost done with my patrol, then I'll come and take Wynter so you can have a break. Seonghwa said.

Ok. Wooyoung replied, his good mood gone instantly.

They had been here for two months now and it was always the same... Seonghwa would come back from patrol and take Wynter so Wooyoung could 'take a break'. It happened a lot after dinner too, or around lunch.

Yeosang and Yunho would always comment on how sweet it was that Seonghwa was such an attentive father, and Wooyoung would do his best to keep a smile on his face. It was one of the few times he was thankful they didn't all have a pack link because he was worried they'd see through him.

So when Seonghwa had their daughter, Wooyoung fell into his role as a dutiful omega.

He would make sure their room was clean, and their bathroom. He would check on Wynter's supplies and let Hongjoong know when they were low so he, or someone else, could get more the next time they went into town. He would do their laundry, fold everything and put it away. Then he would help clean the rest of the house.

His only comfort was San. Ever since the beta had apologized for his outburst, he had been a constant comfort to Wooyoung.

Seonghwa made it obvious that he was uncomfortable with the friendship, but he had backed off a little. There were a few instances that the alpha lost control of his wolf and would pull Wooyoung into their room, keeping him there the rest of the night with their daughter.

No one put up a fight when that happened, but Hongjoong or Jongho would always pull him aside the next day and the oldest alpha would seem a little more relaxed afterward.

Wooyoung couldn't help but feel trapped though... There were times that he wondered if things would be better with Rex. The alpha had at least showed signs of affection in his own way.

The only time he got any kind of affection from Seonghwa was when they were talking about Wynter, he was being trapped in their room, or at night when Seonghwa would hold him in their sleep. But that only happened when Seonghwa was completely relaxed and dreaming. They never went to sleep that way.

But it was those moments that Wooyoung was happiest.

Wynter started to whine a little bit as Wooyoung made his way to the fridge to get a bottle of milk. Yeosang had showed him a way to pump his milk, an invention made by humans, so that he didn't have to feed all the time. It helped with days like today when he was starting to feel a little down.

"I know baby, I know you're hungry. Mama's getting it." He said, bouncing her up and down as he worked to heat the bottle up.

The strong scent of cinnamon filled the kitchen and Seonghwa came walking over to them, a small smile on his face. "There's my little princess."

Wynter reached for him and Seonghwa took her, spinning in a circle and tickling her with a long finger. She giggled and waved her hands again.

"I'll feed her." Seonghwa said, holding how his hand.

Wooyoung felt his heart flutter at the smile on the alpha's face and handed over the bottle without another word. Then he turned to get the cleaning supplies and started scrubbing at the counters in the kitchen.