24

Seonghwa sighs as he places Wynter in her bassinet, the little baby grunts angrily as she pouts at him. Hongjoong comes in the room and shuts the door, causing Seonghwa to look up from his daughter to him, "What the hell was that?"

Hongjoong sighs, brushing his hair back, "It's a long story-"

"Well I think I deserve a fucking explanation," Seonghwa growls, "Especially since we're apart of this pack now."

Wynter whines, causing him to look away from the head alpha down to her. He smiles down at her, brushing a finger down her chubby, pink cheek and then she smiles, "You like attention don't you baby girl?"

She coos adorably before Hongjoong's voice cuts through his spur of the moment happiness, "Mingi and Yunho will explain everything better than me. They've lived through this and know details about them."

"About who?" Seonghwa asks, "I'm tired of being kept out of the loop with this shit Hongjoong. I have every right to know what's going on if it's a threat to my family!"

Wynter whines again and this time Seonghwa finds her discarded pacifier and plops it in her mouth, she happily accepts it and hums as her eyes slip close. Seonghwa turns to Hongjoong, but is cut off when they hear San scream. Wynter whines angrily, her little fists ball up by her face. Seonghwa shushes her and drapes her blanket over her body before the screaming stopped.

He was about to say something but felt a searing pain in his shoulder and groans, falling to his knees. Hongjoong is quick to assist him, picking him up quickly and standing him upright. Seonghwa's eyes widen and he moves towards the door, "Wooyoung."

"He's helping Yeosang and Jongho-"

"Something is happening to him," Seonghwa snarls, his eyes flash red and he breaks through Hongjoong's grip to leave the room. Only to come face to face with San biting down on Wooyoung's shoulder in the room next door.

He snarls, marching over to them but is tackled to the ground by Hongjoong. He thrashes and tries to escape his grip, until he hears Yeosang yell at them both, "Stop it right now! If you're not going to help then get the hell out!"

Jongho who was helping hold San down, snarls at Seonghwa as he dared the alpha to charge at San with his red eyes. Seonghwa wanted to, so badly, but the sight of his omega in pain made him more concerned for Wooyoung than San.

Wooyoung whimpers as San cried out, finally releasing the omega and Wooyoung stands quickly. Seonghwa doesn't hesitate to grab him by the arm and drag him out of the room, ignoring Wooyoung still whimpering behind him. When they get to their room, he slams the door shut and turns to face Wooyoung.

The omega held on to the place on his shoulder and Seonghwa grabs his hand with his shaking one, removing it and moving his shirt to the side to check out the wound. He sighs in relief, San didn't break skin, but he did leave teeth indentions.

Seonghwa growls and Wooyoung takes his hand, "It's okay, I'm fine."

"What would you have done if he broke skin and claimed you?" Seonghwa asks dryly, trying to keep the hurt out of his voice and off of his expression but it wasn't working.

"What would you have done?" Wooyoung asks, their gazes lock and suddenly Seonghwa felt the overwhelming urge to bring his Omega into his arms and never let him go. But alas, it was ruined when Hongjoong steps in the room and glares at both of them.

"Hongjoong-" Seonghwa starts, but is cut off by the head alpha.

"Living room. Now," Hongjoong snarls, his face and red eyes showed nothing but rage.

They follow the head alpha with heads hung low, as they approach the living room Seonghwa pulls Wooyoung closer to him. Surprisingly enough, Wooyoung moved closer to him willingly and even sat close to him on the couch.

Seonghwa looked down in surprise, Wooyoung places his head on his shoulder and the alpha couldn't help but smile and hold his amega. Once everyone had joined them, Hongjoong looks to Mingi and the alpha sighs, "I know what it was that hurt San."

"That would be nice for us to know considering I don't want my child hurt or Wooyoung," Seonghwa snaps, Hongjoong growls at him in warning.

"It's fine Joong," Mingi replies, looking at the four who had no clue what Mingi was going to say, "So that thing that hurt you San, is called a bear trap."

"Bear trap?" Seonghwa arches his eyebrow, "There's no bears around here."

"Oh yes there are," Mingi nods, looking over at his mate who is holding Greyson while Zaden was cuddling into his side, "We know first hand there are bears around here."

"Okay, so are we talking bears as in grizzly or..." Jongho trails off, arching his eyebrow as San cradles his arm close to his chest.

"They're like us... but they shift into bears instead of wolves," Yunho answers quietly, swallowing roughly as his voice cracks when he spoke again, "But they're meaner and more aggressive."

"So.... you said you have experience with them," Seonghwa starts, frowning as he looks at Mingi.

The alpha heard Yunho sniffle and he immediately goes over to comfort the beta, Yunho buries his head in Mingi's neck. The alpha looks to Hongjoong, the head alpha nods as he picks up the conversation.

"Mingi's and Yunho's pack were attacked by these bears," Hongjoong spoke softly, hearing Yunho sob broke everyone's hearts, "Everyone was killed by these bears. Their parents, their siblings, their friends. Everyone was slaughtered by these creatures. Mingi and Yunho barely escaped with their lives since these bears are very good at tracking. Their sense of smell is more keen than a normal bear."

Seonghwa's heart drops and he looks to Wooyoung in worry, then back to Hongjoong, "Have you seen them...?"

"We've ran into a mother and her cub before when we were hunting," Hongjoong admits, "It was shortly after Mingi and Yunho joined the pack."

"We've been getting more activity here with them recently," Mingi nods, comforting his mate, "The day you all had to get in the cellar..."

"There was one that walked into our territory. A little close for my liking," Hongjoong spoke dryly, "They walk into our territories and can easily kill us if they wanted to."

Seonghwa's jaw clenches, "What do we do if we come across one?"

"Run like hell and hope it doesn't catch you," Mingi replies instantly, holding Yunho and his son's close to him as they relive the trauma of their past.

****
Written by jinjin0309