26

Seonghwa waited until everyone was asleep before getting up in the middle of the night and began cooking a meal for this picnic he planned for him and Wooyoung tomorrow. He hasn't placed the rose with the note yet, he planned to do that tomorrow.

As he cooked, he didn't pay attention to anything else and tensed up when he felt a presence. He turns to the doorway of the kitchen, seeing Yeosang leaning against the doorway with a smirk on his face and an oversized T-shirt and shorts on his body, "What are you doing Seonghwa?"

"I-I'm making food," Seonghwa stutters, continuing to cook.

"Really? There's leftovers from dinner in the fridge? If you're hungry you could've ate those," Yeosang hums as he opens the fridge to reveal them. Seonghwa bites his lip, hearing the smirk in Yeosang's voice as the omega shuts the fridge, "I thought you liked my cooking?"

"I do I just..." Seonghwa hesitates, sighing in defeat before turning to the omega, "I'm planning a picnic tomorrow for me and Wooyoung."

Yeosang's eyebrows raise and his smirk never left his face as he hums, "Taking the leap huh?"

Seonghwa nods, "I'm really trying here. I really want this to work out and I really want us to be more than alpha and omega. I want us to be mates. I want to have moments like you and Hongjoong, Mingi and Yunho. I want that."

Yeosang studies the alpha and Seonghwa has never felt so intimidated in his entire life as the omega stared him down. Finally Yeosang cracks his knuckles before opening the fridge, "What all are you planning to make?"

Seonghwa smiles, directing him on what he has planned so far and the two get cooking. While they cooked, Seonghwa looks over at one point and smiles, "Could you uh... maybe keep this a surprise? I want Wooyoung to be surprised when he sees this and I plan to have him meet me at the lake tomorrow after five."

Yeosang chuckles, "Your secret is safe with me, I'll even baby sit for you while you guys have mommy and daddy time," he winks, going back to cooking.

Completely missing the blush that coated Seonghwa's cheeks.

****

Seonghwa goes over the mental list he made in his head one more time, checking everything off as he looks around. Blanket, check. Picnic basket, check. Food and drinks, check. Well I think that's everything-

"Seonghwa?"

The alpha turns to Wooyoung, smiling brightly when he sees the omega studying the scenery before him. The large blanket was placed in front of the view of the lake that nearly drowned him. There was a picnic basket opened and Wooyoung can see the many foods inside of it.

"What is this?" Wooyoung asks in awe, looking over everything with his mouth agape and a hand on his chest.

"I-I wanted us to have some time away, for ourselves," Seonghwa bites his lip nervously, "I've been wanting to do something like this for a while.... but I wanted you to love my roses I placed down for you."

"They were beautiful," Wooyoung whispers, walking over to Seonghwa and giving him a hug, "And all of this is really nice as well Seonghwa. Thank you."

"Anything for you Youngie," Seonghwa kisses the top of Wooyoung's head as he hugs the omega, "I couldn't find a cordless stereo or I would've brought music."

Wooyoung giggles, pulling away to look up at him, "This is perfect the way it is. I love it all."

Seonghwa chuckles, "Well, let's not let it all go to waste. Let's dig in."

Wooyoung sits on the blanket right by the basket and Seonghwa sits right on the other side across from Wooyoung. He takes out two glasses first, handing one to Wooyoung and then taking a can of Coke out of the basket, "Care for a drink?" Wooyoung giggles, holding his cup towards the alpha as he opens the can and pours Wooyoung a drink, "Since you can't drink while breastfeeding, Coke will have to do."

Wooyoung laughs, "I appreciate that and I'm sure Wynter will as well."

Seonghwa smiles, "Speaking of, how is my baby?"

"She was playing with Yeosang and Grayson when I left to come meet you," Wooyoung blushes, something lingered in the air and Seonghwa arches his eyebrow.

"What?"

"Yeosang made some comment before I left and I just remembered it," Wooyoung mutters, biting his lip and quickly taking a drink before he could say more.

"What did he say?"

Wooyoung purses his lips and Seonghwa waits for a reply. Finally the omega blushes again and he looks at Seonghwa, "He said for us to enjoy our mommy and daddy time. And told Wynter to say bye because we were going to be busy for a bit."

Seonghwa laughs, taking his can of Coke and glass and pouring him a drink before taking a sip. Wooyoung whines a little before blushing and Seonghwa clears his throat, "Your cheeks are cute when you blush."

Wooyoung blushes even deeper and Seonghwa chuckles. The alpha digs in the basket and pulls out a plate of hand and cheese sandwiches, but they were coated in a sweet poppyseed sauce. Wooyoung hums, "Those smell amazing."

"Thank you, these are like our appetizers," Seonghwa laughs, "Yeosang kind of helped me cook all of this." He pulls out another container with chicken covered in a white sauce and with a spiced sausage on top, "This is our entree." He grabs one more container and Wooyoung gasps when he sees its two pieces of chocolate cake, "and dessert."

"Holy shit you went all out," Wooyoung's eyes widen. His stomach growled loud enough it caught both of them off guard, causing them to laugh, "I'm starving. Let's dig in."

Seonghwa handed Wooyoung a fork and both dig into their food. At first bite of his food, Wooyoung moans and tilts his head back, "Oh my god, Hwa," he points to the chicken and nods, "This is for now on my favorite food."

Seonghwa laughs, trying to ignore the sounds of pleasure coming from the omega as he ate the food before him. That didn't stop there. He notices Wooyoung licking his fork clean when he's eating the chocolate cake and it took everything in Seonghwa to reel in his wolf and scarf down the food to give his mind something else to think about besides the lewd view.

Once containers were licked clean and bellies were full, Seonghwa packs up their mess and lays on the blanket. Wooyoung lays beside the alpha, rolling on his side as he faces him, "This was the nicest thing anyone has ever done anything for me Hwa. Thank you."

"It's the least I could do," Seonghwa smiles, "I just wanted to show my appreciation to you. You've put up with so much from me and I wanted to show you that I care for you and that I want this to possibly... progress more than what we have now."

Wooyoung was quiet as his lips slowly curl into a smile, "I'd like that."

Seonghwa brings a hesitant hand up and cups Wooyoung's cheek, his thumb stroking Wooyoung's cheekbone before he leans in. Wooyoung's eyes widen before they slowly flutter close, Seonghwa moves closer, Wooyoung's breath coats his lips and makes the alpha's wolf stir, and him in general drool.

Before they could make contact, Seonghwa hears thudding footsteps rushing towards them and pulls away. Right across the lake, breaking through the bushes and trees, a large brown and black bear comes into view and stares them down with red eyes. Seonghwa's eyes widen and Wooyoung gasps.

And the most guttural roar came from the gut of this bear before it charges at them.

****
Written by jinjin0309