40

Jongho's body has never ached so much. Well, he takes that back, it's not use to the constant abuse and beatings from when he worked with Shownu's parents. He was used to manual labor, but not the beatings that came right after or before or even during his labor.

He worked in the garden, he worked in the house, he worked in the fields with other wolves, and he worked with Kihyun in the kitchen. The pregnant omega was due any day now, and from what he's been seeing, Jongho thinks any day he might give birth.

Jongho was helping him with dishes one day after breakfast, Shownu had went to town for a few supplies and would be back momentarily. The pregnant wolf kept hissing and holding his belly, swaying side to side sometimes to ease his pain. But as the day progressed, the hisses and groans of pain came more frequently.

"Kihyun, are you okay?" Jongho asks, finishing up dusting the dining room and his eyebrows furrow at the older male.

"I'm fine," Kihyun winces, "Just cramping that's all."

"Are you sure you're not in labor?" Jongho asks, but before Kihyun could answer, Shownu walks in the house and stops short.

He sees Jongho standing awfully close to Kihyun and snarls, walking over to them, "What is the meaning of this!?"

"He's hurting," Jongho defends himself, "I was just trying to help him."

Shownu locks his dark eyes on the small omega, just in time to see Kihyun whimper and cradle his belly. Shownu storms over to the small omega, standing over him as he places a gentle hand on Kihyun's back, "Is it time?"

Kihyun whimpers, nodding his head, "My w-water hasn't broken but it could any minute."

Shownu looks to Jongho and glares, "Run and get the midwife from the house next door. If Wonho gives you hell about being in his home without me you tell him to come talk to me." Jongho nods and Shownu snarls, "Go now and hurry."

Jongho nods, turning and running out of the house to the only one next door to Shownu. It wasn't as small, but it wasn't big either. He knocks on the door desperately, not wanting to keep Shownu and Kihyun waiting.

The door flies open, and a shorter, muscular built man answers. His face is soft, but as soon as he opened the door a scowl replaces it, "What is it mutt?"

"Shownu, midwife," Jongho pants, his legs ached and his lungs felt as if they were going to burst from running quickly, "Kihyun."

The bear, he assumes is Wonho, looks behind him, "Jody! You're needed at Shownu's!"

A smaller female, a beta, steps into view and her eyes widen when she sees Jongho. Wonho grabs her wrist and turns her to face him, "Shownu will release you whenever he feels as if you can go. Listen to him, and if you so much as disobey him the consequences will be dire."

She nods, her large brown eyes turn back to Jongho and she follows the alpha from her home to Shownu's. As they run, she looks to him, "What's your name Alpha?"

"Jongho," Jongho answers, "And I wouldn't be talking to me if I was you. Not unless you want your tongue ripped out by them."

She nods and kept her mouth shut the rest of the time, they enter the home just in time. Kihyun was crying in pain and Shownu was holding him up. The omega's legs were wet and the floor below him was wet as well.

Shownu snarls, "Take your damn time why don't you."*

"My apologies Sir," the woman bows her head, waiting for Shownu to give permission to step forward and help Kihyun. She helps him waddle to the bedroom, where Jongho assumes he's going spend the rest of the time until the baby is born.