{10}

Buttercup's POV

I was walking along the halls of the school not wanting to go home.

I somehow made it to the field.

I see that the football players are out practicing with the cheerleaders awing over them.

Well Blossom's not there but I can see Butch.

Looks like he had some time to practice

I notice that most of the girls are staring at him. What's so good about him.

I mean yeah he's cute, and funny, with an amazing set of forest green eyes. What am I doing?

No. No! He's way out of my league, I don't have a chance.

I look away, now I'm staring at the parking lot. It looks empty, huh teachers must be gone by now.

"Hey Buttercup!" I look at my shoulder to see my friend Mitch.

"Hey." I said looking back at the parking lot. More cars keep leaving. Which is what I pretty much expect.

"So I heard you have detention." I roll my eyes and stare at him.

"Yeah, wrong place wrong time." He nodded understanding what I meant.

He look towards the field. "Just because I got caught smoking in the restroom and I get kicked off." He said

Mitch used to be in the football team but was caught smoking, you know the ending.

He nudges me. "I think Butch is waving at you?"

I look up to see him waving, I slightly some and wave back. "You guys talk?" He asked

"We have detention together, we get along." I answered walking away towards the street.

Mitch follows me with his skateboard on his hand. "Tell your dads I said hi."

I smile and nod, watching him skate off

"Hey Buttercup!" I look over to see Butch walking towards me with his football gear on.

"You need a ride, practice is over." He asked

"Thanks for the offer but I don't want to hurry on home, you catch my drift." Motioning my hand.

"Got it, home drama?" I nod looking at the ground.

"Yeah, it's not fun being grounded." I said as we both chuckle.

"Well I..." he got interrupted by a high pitch voice.

"Butch!" We both look over to a brunette haired girl, known as Taylor. Not the best person in the school.

She wrapped her arms around Butch's, resting her head on his shoulder glaring at me.

"I need a ride, can you take me home?" She said her attention back at Butch.

Butch looked uncomfortable.

I mean it's Taylor, of course he's uncomfortable.

"Yeah sure." He said looking at her. "Bye Buttercup." I smile and nod. "Bye."

I turn and walk on the side walk going towards my neighborhood.

I just realized that I didn't have my headphones. The only thing I need right now and I don't have them.

Ugh maybe I should of taken the offer.

(Changed the title btw)