{14}

Third Person POV

Buttercup zoomed around on the skatepark, letting her hair flow in the wind. She usually has her hair up but today she couldn't find her hair tie.

"Buttercup." she looked over to her Mitch, she smiled and waved turning to skate towards him.

she stopped a few inches in front of him, "what do you want." her smile fading away and her hand was on her hip.

"a race." he said flipping his skateboard off in the air and catching it with his hand, a smirk planted on her face and nodded.

in a few minutes they were ready. they both got into position and watched as another one of their friend was going to count them off.

"You guys ready?" their friend said getting nods from both Mitch and Buttercup."

"GO!"

both Buttercup and Mitch zoomed off and about when that moment started Butch and his buddies walked up in the park.

He looked over to see the two racing, "who's racing?" He asked the friend that told Mitch and Buttercup to go.

"Mitch and Buttercup." He replied which really caught Butch's attention.

Buttercup was ahead of Mitch, like always. She smirked, she knew she was beating him. But then her eyes glimpse as Butch.

"What is he doing here? And watching us?" She mumbled and ended up slowing down.

Mitch was able to get ahead, he was confused but didn't let that fully get in his head. He still wanted to beat her. This would be his first time.

I'm a matter of seconds Mitch won and Buttercup lost, that left their whole friend group in confusion.

"I can't believe it." Buttercup mumbled grabbing her skateboard and holding it.

"I can't believe I WON!" Mitch yelled obvious hearing what Buttercup said. He jumped up and raised his fist in the air.

Buttercup grumbled and looked at the floor. She looked up to see Mitch walking away to his girlfriend.

"You were just lucky." She mumbled and walked off only to get stopped by Butch, the reason why she lost.

"Do you lose every time or is it just this one time." He was being oddly jerky.

"It was this one time, I win every time, I was just off today." She replied walking off but Butch was right behind.

"Can't you just leave me alone, I already have to deal with you in detention" she said annoyed making turns trying to get him off her track.

"If this is your first time losing then give me a reason why you lost." He said flowing her every step.

"Get lost." She yelled and started to run, but that was no use since he would fill for the running back if they were out one.

She turned sharply and stared him down, he stopped right in front of her their chests nearly touching.

"Why do you want to know so badly how I lost." She glared, looking him straight in the eyes.

"Because I thought nothing distracts you. What was it?" She pouted and looked at the ground.

"I saw something and it got me confused," she stated liking back at him, the sun shining in her eyes, so she squinted

"And that was..." Butch wanted her to finish, he didn't know why but he wanted an answer and he also wanted to talk to her. He saw this as his only chance.

"Why were you watching me?" She was trying to change the subject and saw that Butch look away rubbing his next, she did it.

"I was intrigued by the race." He replied. "Intrigued, big word for you to use." Butch just chuckled and looked at her eyes again.

"Well played." Butch said extending his arm and getting an hand shake from Buttercup.

"You don't have to answer if you don't make me answer." She said crossing her arms. "Deal."

She smirked and walked off, "I still don't think that was your first loss." Butch yelled and watched Buttercup flip him off and not looking back.

He laughed and ran back to his buddies, "Sorry, I'm back now." He said getting in the middle.

"Who's that you were talking to?" One of the boys asked smirking.

"A friend."