{16}

Third Person POV

Brick walked inside his home and automatically heard his parents fight.

he rushed between them to get to his sister who begged him to hurry because she was scared.

he opened the door to see her huddled in the corner of her bed crying, he immediately went to her and hugged her, "I thought you were never going to come."

There was a time in Brick's life where he tried to run away, it lasted for two days but the cops found him and took him back home where he saw a scared and bruised melody in her room.

he promised himself he would never run away again, but she still gets upset when he's late.

"you know I would never leave you." Brick reassured her and rubbed her back.

she nodded and began to uncurl her body to hug him, "I'm pretty sure that everything will go back to normal after detention." Brick got up from the bed and waited for Melody to walk ahead of him to the dinning room.

"Great you're here I was going to yell food is here." Their mother said bringing the Chinese food to the table and sitting down across from their father.

Brick and Melody sat across and grabbed their cups to start eating.

"So Brick have you gotten any girlfriends?" Brick rolled his eyes from his dad's stupid question. This was the 50th time Brick has heard that question. for some reason his father thinks a women makes a men look better.

Brick didn't answer he just ate, "ANSWER ME BOY!" he yelled, Brick didn't hesitate so he made the wrong answer.

"YES!"

everything went silent and all eyes were on Brick, "Really? What's her name" his dad laughed not believing it.

Brick had to think quick and only one name came into mind, "Blossom! Her name is Blossom." Brick's eyes widened when he realized who's name he said. Melody looked at him, "you finally asked her out? And she said yes to you?!" she then laughed. Everyone else started laughing.

"What's so funny?" Brick had to ask.

"Who are we to believe you?" His dad asked taking a bite of his spring roll.

"I'll bring her here tomorrow, then you'll all believe me." he said and walked out of the dinning room to his bed room, once he got in her plopped down on his bed the yelled in his pillow

"how am I going to pull this off?"