【2】

𝕄𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣  𝕆𝕗 𝔸𝕟𝕚𝕞𝕒𝕝𝕤

********************************************

"Are they coming or what?"

I asked irritated jingling my enclosure keys, there's more important things I could be doing right at this moment. Because the new owners are coming and we have to introduce ourselves and them us, we then have to take them round the zoo. Thinking back I could have been cuddling Nola for 1 hour instead of standing in line like a military soldier waiting for inspection.

I was stood next to Kelly and Peter tapping my foot, getting impatient at how long they were taking.

"Quiet that foot and those keys missy"
I looked to my right at Peter

"Sorry MacCreedy"
I mumbled before stopping my movements, putting my keys in my back pocket

Peter became like a father figure to me after my Dad passed, they were very close almost like brothers. He was always very protective with me even when I was a little Baby, he liked to tell me stories of what I used to get up to, apparently I was a curious and adventurous child. He actually built the house that I currently live in along with Robin, put their heart and souls into making it for me. They come visit me most days, all of the staff do. Either that or I meet them for a drink and play darts with MacCreedy.

He smiled at me before we heard feet crunching on the pathway coming towards us, diverting our attention to the newcomers....
Also known as our new owner/Boss...

Kelly taking the leading role introduced herself first.

"Hi Kelly Foster, Head Zookeeper" she spoke professionally as she shook the mans hand that we yet to know the name of. All we know is he's called Mr. Mee

"This is Robin Jones" she motioned to Robin who nodded his head as a greeting. "Peter MacCreedy" she raised her hand towards Peter who meekly said "Hello"

"Robin is our uh- our Craftsman. And that's Crystal our Capuchin" she created a high pitch squeak as a greeting and raised her hand as a wave dressed in her little brown skirt.
We all had to make a good first impression, even her. Such a cleaver girl, even though Robin raised her he asked me if I could teach her simple movements like waving, sticking her tongue out, covering her eyes etc. Just so that when the zoo was open she could interact with the children.

The man raised his hand replying to her.

"And Peter is our visionary. He built the enclosures that set the standard for modern zoos all across America" Kelly concluded