【8】

𝕄𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕖𝕣𝕤

"How'd you get the nose bleed?"

My head did a full 360 turning to face Dylan, observing his dry bloody nose. How did i not notice that before, maybe in need to be more observant..

"I ugh slipped on the roof and banged it"

I held in my laughter, holding my hand up to my mouth as my shoulders moved up and down. Contain yourself Evelyn!

"It's a weird house"

"Yeah"

Dylan seems very distant and cold towards Lily, but yet hes willing to talk and joke with me... i must have that approachable nature about me. Yeah, that's it.

"I like your drawing" Lily moved closer to Dylan almost sitting on his lap she was that close. Gosh Lily don't make yourself sound so needy, be a strong independent woman. Then again i know she want's to make new friends, i'm the same really. Obviously im not as forward as Lily and i guess im more guarded but i would like more friends rather than me always speaking to the team and Lily all the time.

Dylan looked severely uncomfortable with Lily being so close, i'd definitely be the same though i mean, social distancing people! This is my dance space, this is your dance space. However you want to take it just...personal space!

"Thanks" Dylan forced out.

"Its a little dark, Where's the sun?"

"There doesn't have to be a sun in every sketch Lil'" i mumbled loud enough for her to hear. Both of them ignored me as Dylan replied to her anyway.

"There's no sun in the underworld... that i'm aware of.."

There was an awkward silence that unfortunately distracted me from my drawing, looking over i saw how awkward the two of them looked. Thankfully for Lily i didn't have to input to break it, she did it all herself. "Im off at 4" Lily then stood up from between us and picked up her little picnic basket. "Cool" Dylan said enthusiastically..not.

"So i'll come back at 4:15 everyday and bring you a sandwich-"

"Okay"

"Hey Lil how about you do the same for me too please? I've started taking extra jobs round the Zoo so i won't get my usual lunch break. Today is my last chill day of being on my regular shift pattern"

"Yeah sure, no problem Eve"She smiled sweetly as i muttered quick "Thank you" before she started descending down the ladder "Also, nice sandwich Lily..like always" i hollered.

I got a "You're Welcome" back as it then became quiet again.

"So what are you doing tomorrow?" i asked while closing my sketch book and slowly collecting all my pens and pencils, glancing at the time on the digital clock on top of the box it read 3pm which meant afternoon feeds for the animals and time for Spar's medication...fun.

"Just chill i guess? Probably go hang out in the back fields, do some more sketches.."

"Nice, well feel free to help us out tomorrow,. You'd be surprised what work can be done with a helping hand." making my way to the ladder i slowly began to climb down before Dylan called out to me, making me pause.

"Don't forget your pen.."

I smirked "Keep it" before carrying on climbing down.

Just before i walked out the door i heard him call "Thank you!" which put a smile on my face as i walked to the office to meet Kelly.

------------------------------------------------------

I shut the door behind me before leaning against it. "Home sweet home" i called aloud even though there was only me living there. Taking off my boots i walked into the kitchen and started cooking some oven pizza since it was like 8:30pm i wasn't in the mood to do anything from scratch, so oven pizza it is!

This was the boring part, living in a big house all on your own, with nobody there to talk to. I just feel so lonely...sure i could as one of the team to come over but they have their own lives outside of work, they're probably sick of seeing my face all the time anyways.

Once the pizza was more or less eaten i went upstairs and went for a shower, singing some Queen songs till my voice grew dry, especially Bohemian Rhapsody! One of the good factors of living on your own and also having no neighbours is being able to make as much noise as you want and nobody will hear you.

Once i'd finished in the bathroom i pulled out some more Pyjamas before climbing into bed, setting my alarm for 6am since we would be getting our new shift patterns from Mr. Mee and i didn't want to be late for the meeting.

Letting out a gigantic yawn i pulled the covers over my body and snuggled into my pillow, turning off my lamp i closed my eyes and let sleep overcome me, accepting the darkness

A/N- SORRY FOR THE REALLY SHORT CHAPTER JUST WANTED TO FINISH THE LAST SCENE OF THE OTHER CHAPTER AND I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS ACCEPTABLE TO ONLY GIVE YOU GUYS A HALF ARSED CHAPTER SO HERE'S A LITTLE EXTRA. HOPE YOU ALL DON'T MIND. CHEERS XX