【9】

𝕃𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕒 𝕙𝕖𝕝𝕡𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕕

"That's a lot of cheques.." I stated as I walked into Mr. Mee's 'Office' in their house. I got a radio call from Kelly telling me that Mr. Mee was looking for me and wanted my help with something.

As soon as I walked into the office I knew straight away what he was having problems with...bills.. and there's a lot of them.

"Tell me about it! And I haven't even made a dent.." Mr. Mee put his head in his hands as he wiped the sweat from his brow, he lifted his head and looked at me.

"How did you manage to do this all by yourself?" He questioned in disbelief that I was able to manage all this by myself before he came along. Not saying that I miss it of course, it's a weight of my shoulders if I'm being completely honest. It's all fun and games when you can play and feed and pet the animals but when it comes to the food deliveries, the upkeep, staff payments and the rent of the land...it's a lot to manage and that's not including the inspections and legislations.

"Funnily enough Mr. Mee, I used to watch my dad do this stuff for years before he passed away. I picked up things here and there, he pretty much showed me the ropes before he died. Which I though was coincidental, him showing me the ropes before he left this life"

Mr. Mee has the look of familiarity like he'd experienced what I'd gone through, I knew not to press him into talk about it but it didn't make me any less curious as to what their story was..
"Benjamin is fine Evelyn, Mr. Mee makes me sound like a school teacher"

I giggled "Okay Benjamin. So what exactly did you call me in for? Without sounding too blunt obviously" I laughed embarrassed.

"Actually Evelyn I was hoping you could use your experience in the field of documents and ordering to help me out on what the heck I'm doing...because at the minute I think I'm about to burst" he scoffed followed by a light laugh.

I smiled widely before nodding "Sure Benjamin, anything I can do to help"

"Great. Here's some of the stuff I need you to go through, all though I'd imagine you already know what to do right off the bat?"

"Don't worry Benjamin, I've got this covered. You just focus on writing your signature over and over again until eventually your hands fall off" I laughed loudly before placing myself at the end of his desk while grabbing a pen and clipboard.

Through the whole morning Benjamin and I made small talk about life and about the zoo, also giving him so advice here and there which he appreciated and thanked me for.
Rhonda came in a few times to update us on the current deliveries and paperwork that needed further filling out or verifying by Mr. Mee. Although I think sometimes she just came in to flirt with him, making me physically throw up in my mouth..good job I'm sat next to the garbage can...

While doing my work I had a spare piece of paper that I started doodling on, which eventually turned into a pretty good picture. Taking a note out of Dylan's book, i sketches something that was completely different to what I would normally sketch, but I liked it nonetheless.

 Taking a note out of Dylan's book, i sketches something that was completely different to what I would normally sketch, but I liked it nonetheless

Writing on the paper I decided to put

Hey Dylan, I took a page out of your book hope you don't mind- Eve

As if on que, Lily walks in to drop off Benjamin and I's sandwiches.

God was is that time already?

Folding up my drawing I took the sand which from Lily. "Thank you Lil, a star like always. Hey you wouldn't mind helping me out a bit would you?" I whispered so Benjamin couldn't hear, although I think that he's concentrating on his signing and checking while shovelling his face with the sandwich Lily provided.
"Yeah, sure, anything.."

"Great!" I passed her the note "Could you possibly put this into Dylan's sandwich when you give it to him later on..unfortunately it looks to be as if I'm going to be here till 5pm with all this leftover paperwork.." I signed, exaggerating ever so slightly..

"Yeah of course" Lily smiled before walking away. She was too gullible for her own good sometimes, she didn't even question why. If that was me with her, I'd tease the crap out of her liking Dylan.
There was a pang of jealousy that came out of nowhere, oh god...no!
Okay Evelyn Moor, snap out of it! You are not, NOT catching feelings for any boy. Ever. You are a strong, independent woman who doesn't need any man!
After taking to myself for a good few minutes the pang came again.

Ugh boy trouble, if only my dad was here to see this. He'd either be super and I mean SUPER protective or he'd be laughing his rear off making fun of me for having such feelings, teasing me.

Evelyn. You. Are. Not. To. Catch. Feelings. For. Dylan. Mee....At. All....Ever.

Oh lord I like Dylan..

A/N- DON'T KNOW HOW TO FEEL ABOUT THIS ONE, MIGHT HAVE TO BE RE-WRITTEN DEPENDING ON YOUR IMPUT. IF YOU WANT ANYTHING ADDING OR HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS, PLEASE TELL ME! IF YOU THINK ITS OKAY PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS!