【23】

𝔻𝕣𝕚𝕡, 𝔻𝕣𝕚𝕡, 𝔻𝕣𝕠𝕡 𝕝𝕚𝕥𝕥𝕝𝕖 𝔸𝕡𝕣𝕚𝕝 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕤

Dylan's POV

I hadn't seen Evelyn at all after Walter Farris has left. She hugged my sister and then walked off.

I was walking through the pouring rain, my hood up to protect my hair and face from the rainfall. Yellow light caught my eye as I gazed into the Jaguar, the yellow lights brightened the words that read

"If you love her let her know"

I know the only other person to know my secret feelings for Evelyn was in fact Lily. She came up to me after the incident with Evelyn after she gave me my sandwich, Lily must have noticed she wasn't herself and came to me for answers which she did. However when she asked me I had no idea, she signed and explained everything.

After that I tried my best to talk to here but she wouldn't give me the light of day. It was like I no longer existed to her and I was nothing but a fly under her shoe. Truth be told she had every right to be like that with me after I basically tossed her aside like a piece of paper.

I just didn't want to admit to myself that I actually cared for someone else and wouldn't allow myself to open up to someone rather than keeping it all inside like I did with my dad. I was selfish and ignorant to think so, she only wanted to help me but I didn't let myself see the bigger picture I didn't take her feelings into consideration. God what is wrong with me, why am I such a jerk?!

I set off running to the barn to see if she was up there sketching but only to find out she wasn't...there was only one other place she would be.

At her house.

The rain began to soak my hair as the hood from my coat wasn't doing the best to protect me from the rain. The downpour was insane, I'm sure the weather forecast this morning said that there would be a storm. Trust me not to dress appropriately.

The muddy dirt flew in the air as my boots splashed the ground with every step I took.

Walking up to the front door I knocked...after 2 minutes of waiting i knocked again but no response. The storm must be too loud for her to hear me. Either that or she's asleep...

Running down the porch steps I ran over to the farthest window which illuminated a bright glow. Inside was Evelyn who was sat at her computer desk, she looked to be sketching however with all this rain it's hard to make out.

I calmed my breathing as I approached it, this was no time to get nervous and back out now Dylan!

"20 seconds of courage" I muttered to myself repeatedly.

Before I could register what I was doing my hand automatically shot out and knocked loudly on the window...there was no turning back now.

Don't be a chicken.

Evelyn's POV

I concluded my fresh sketch with my personalised signature in the bottom right corner

I concluded my fresh sketch with my personalised signature in the bottom right corner. Just as I put down the pencil there was a loud knock on my Bedroom window.

I screamed out of shock and surprise. Spinning around on my chair i looked over to see a black figure.

This is where I get murdered right? The phone is going to ring and there's going to be a creepy guy at the end of it telling me that I've got 5 minutes to live.

Snap out of it Evelyn you're not in a movie!

Taking deep breaths i decided to be brave and get out of my chair. Hesitantly walking over to the window I sat on my knees before prying the very rust window open.

The person at the other end surprised me more than a murderer would...okay I tell a lie, a murderer would be a heck of a lot scarier. It was Dylan.

I took a breath of fresh air "Hi" showing a faint smile as i looked out into the pouring rain...did he really walk all the way over here in this storm? Focusing my attention back to him he replied.

"Hi. Look am I nuts to say that I missed you like crazy a lot, a lot"

I was speechless I didn't know if words could even come out of my mouth at this moment.

I just smiled and shook my head.

"Plus you were right, I wasn't named after Bob Dylan. I was in fact named after a Dog named Dylan" He confessed.

I laughed "I knew it, But who cares it's just a Dog. Did you really walk over here in this rain I'm sorry"

"No I love it! I love your hair, I love your smile, I love your laugh. I love you"

I stopped laughing as I stared at him in awe. He just told me he loved me...Dylan Mee said that he loved me!

"I know what I said hurt you that day and I can't tell you how sorry I am for making you feel like crap. I just don't know how to express my feel-"

I leaved over and grabbed his face smashing my lips against his. Before he could realise what was happening I pulled away. Looking at Dylan he opened his eyes as if in a daze.

I laughed running a hand through my hair..."do you want to come inside out of this rain and have a hot coco?" smiling brightly he nodded before rushing off to the front door.

I pulled my window back down to stop the cold from coming in as I could already feel a temperature drop in the room. Standing back up I straightened out my clothes to make sure I looked decent before making my way to the door, opening it up to see Dylan holding what looks like a flower from the patch of flora at the back of my house.

"Figured it would be rude to come into your house without a gift"

I smiled and opened the door wider for Dylan to come in "How thoughtful of you" I took the flower as he passed me. Closing the door I looked back to see Dylan taking off his coat and boots while gazing around.

"Nice place"