【14】

𝕎𝕒𝕝𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝔽𝕖𝕣𝕣𝕚𝕤

Mumbling profanities under my breath I snatched the radio from my pocket "Emergency Kelly! Come in Kelly, do you copy? Full Alert!" I basically screamed down the Walkie

Not even a second later Kelly replied "Copy, full alert. Contain the dark lord!"

Looking back at Lily I started "Get all the preparations ready stat. Everything needs to look perfect"

I didn't wait for a response as I left.

Running at lightning speed down the road I screamed into the radio "Nathan take someone with you and keep MacCready away from Farris we don't need any bloodshed today!"

I didn't hear the response as my heart was beating so loud that I could feel it in my ears, pulsing.

Pushing myself to go faster I finally made it to the black truck. Walter was already conversing with Benjamin by the time I stopped running and casually walked up to join the team, trying to catch my breath in the process.

Thankfully being able to catch the end of their conversations on approach.

"I have you down as an assistant...no formal training?" Farris asked

"She moved up" I stated coming to a halt next to Benjamin, crossing my arms in defence.

Walter Ferris turned round and looked me up and down before grinning like a Cheshire Cat.
"Well, well, well. Miss. Moor, what a pleasant surprise! I was hoping to see you around today? Still working here I presume? Keeping all the staff in check?"

I nodded assertively keeping a straight face
"Yes sir"

"Good, you've gotten taller since the last time I saw you"

"And you've gotten older" I sassed lifting an eyebrow.

Ferris' grin turned sour as he looked back at the others who were trying to keep poker faces.

He directs his attention back to Mr. Mee "Now why did you buy this place? I just can't get a handle on it.." He clenched his fists before rotating it.

There was a pregnant pause before he walked off to begin his inspection. Throwing a fake smile my way as he passed.

Once he did I looked to Benjamin, Kelly and Robin. Pursing my lips I raised a hand to my head I expanded my fingers as a 'blow my mind'.
They all nodded while Mr. Mee mouthed a 'Wow'