【18】

𝕠𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕣𝕔𝕠𝕒𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕠𝕗 𝕖𝕞𝕠𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤

After the whole Dylan situation i thought it would be best that i just ignore him altogether,  he told me where he stood and the best thing for me to do was to just move on and focus on the zoo

After the whole Dylan situation i thought it would be best that i just ignore him altogether, he told me where he stood and the best thing for me to do was to just move on and focus on the zoo.

We got called into another meeting this time with Benjamin. I really just wanted to go home and be in my own bubble without people looking at me or asking if im okay. I just want to be alone.

"Well... i want to say it's been an amazing experience here-" This is it. It's all over. Tears brimmed in my eyes, this day is just getting worse and worse. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up at Kelly while MacCready held my hand.

I wiped my eyes while holding back a sob, actually hearing Mr. Mee admit that he cannot do this anymore makes it feel even more real to when Rhonda told us this morning. My heart feels like it's been ripped out and thrown on the floor.

"-each of you i come to know in some small way. But the financial climate being what it is..um..i think none of us thought- i don't know how to say this "

There was a long pause filled with suspense..what is he going to say?

"I've been an adventure addict my whole life, with no big regard for cost- well with no regard for cost. Basically i was just an observer, a writer. But this is my first real adventure and i just want to say that it's been the best one of all because it's personal. And with thanks to my Catherine...the money came through"

My eyes lit up with realisation. The zoo wasn't going to close! They weren't leaving, we can stay and continue working and get it up and running for the public. I hope my dad is here to see this.

"So i don't now what you've heard but i am able to say, though i don't have a lot..i have enough to get us by. And if you stick with me i will give this everything but i will need everything from you and we..are going to open this Zoo. It is the best job in the world and it's going to take everything to make it work....so don't give up on our adventure"

I ran forward at the speed of lightning and tackled Mr. Mee into a huge hug. Burying my face into his chest. Benjamin not expecting it took a few steps back before catching his balance and wrapped his arms around me like a father figure.

Looking up at Mr. Mee i said "I'll fight and work till the end! Im in..100%!" i smiled ear to ear, so much that it hurt my cheeks. Soon others agreed and started to cheer.

"Well it's good enough for me" Kelly stated smiling.

"Mee too" Lily agreed