【24】

𝕆𝕡𝕖𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝔻𝕒𝕪

For the few remaining days before the Zoo is scheduled to open the storm hasn't stopped, rain just kept falling from the soaked clouds causing puddles and sludge across the Zoo.

Most of the animals were upset since they couldn't go outside, the Tigers for example sat watching the rainfall from their sleeping quarters. The primates however got some fun out of it by having a bath and Allogrooming each other.

However the thing that was on everybody's minds were. Would we be able to open the Zoo if the storm continues the way it is...would we get any customers if the weather woman recommends people to stay indoors. Would we make enough money to keep this place running without customers, we're already on our last payments. I don't want the place to go back into lockdown.

While the animals were indoors, it was the keepers that got soaked each day going to see to them. After every shift I was drenched to the bone, Kelly and Lily included. We've been doing the food prep for the next few days in case we need to ration better and look for more affordable options.

Dylan and I are back on speaking terms, after we shared a hot coco we had a few laughs and got to know each other more. I'm glad that he's finally started opening up to me more. We don't hide anything from each other now.

Dylan didn't ask me to be his girlfriend yet. So in my eyes we were 'dating' after doing all my jobs for the day we would often spend time together either at my house or at Mr. Mee's. Everybody pretty much knows about us since we're only a small group, news travels fast.

Mr. Mee doesn't mind having me over at the house, yes he's a lot more cautious about what we're doing and checks up on us every 10 minutes but I think he's just being protective. And he insists that most of our interactions happen at his house rather than my own so that he can keep an eye on us.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

6:30am

A blast of light hit my eyes causing me to wake up, confused I raised a hand to block out the sun. Wait a minute...sun?!

Shooting up from the bed I pushed my curtains aside to see a golden sky. There was no rain, no cloudy skies and no harsh winds. Today was the perfect day.

I squealed in delight before grabbing the radio

"Kelly! Come in Kelly!"

"What?" I heard Kelly on the other side sounding groggy.

"Look outside your window right now! You won't be disappointed i promise you!" i cheered.

The radio was quiet for a good few minutes before she radioed back "There's no rain!"

"There's no rain!" I shouted back "Hey start getting ready we need to see to all the animals before the zoo officially opens!" Without waiting for a response I took off to the shower, stripping off my clothes i took a steamy shower to cleanse my soul, once out i brushed my teeth and got out my uniform...wow it's been a while since I've worn this!