【10】

𝔹𝕦𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣

Today has been a busy day at Rosemoor Wildlife Park!

I was helping Benjamin all morning till 5pm to which he decided to call a break and that he'd finish it in the morning on his own, before i left he gave me a huge thank you for helping him and taking the time out of my day to teach him the overview for this place.

I had a quick lunch break to which i used to time to climb up to my secret spot and start drawing, unfortunately but thankfully not seeing Dylan at all today. However all i could think about is what he thought of the drawing, did he like it? Probably not i mean compared to his 'gory' drawings it looked like a pile of Buster's poop.

It was now dark and i was helping Kelly finish the last few jobs that she had to do, because i was absent all day she also had to do my jobs on top of hers, resulting in twice the work and finishing later. I owe her a massive favour.. luckily though i don't mind because we all help each other out when we need to or if one of us is absent we'll take on their job roles, usually by splitting it up between the staff.

However at this time it was just Kelly and I, everyone else had gone home. Not that i minded but i'd like to jump into bed right about now, my body is aching so bad.

A car pulling up to the Mee's Household caught our attention, walking to the front to inspect Mr. Mee was the one who got out of the drivers side of the car, with what looks like a bag with a single tub of butter inside...He really drove all the way to the grocery store for butter?

"Long day for you Ben?" Kelly hollered.

"Jamin" i added for only Kelly to hear, she shoved my shoulder to be quiet to which i chuckled.

"Long day for you both too..you should go home, we'll take over. We're good-"

"Foods ready!" my gaze turned to Dylan who stood on the porch, our eyes locked as i raised my hands which was difficult as i was carrying buckets but manages to slightly wave while smiling in his direction. He gave me a subtle nod and raised his hand muttering a "Hi".

"18 miles! For butter.." Benjamin threw his arms in the air. "But im just telling these ladies to go have some time for themselves so just tell me what  to do and i'll do it" Benjamin walked over and stood in front of us.

"You sure?" Kelly asked

"I really don't mind staying or helping out a little longer, i mean i already live on the property so.." i stated.

"Okay, yeah we got it".

I turned to Kelly "Well Spar has his new medication that needs to be put in his food like his previous ones but i'd like to do that myself because he trusts me and is more likely to eat all his food with me there. Ugh, the lights need turning off in the garage and there's been a new shipment of exotic snakes so just leave those i the travel crates and Kelly and i will sort them and put them in the exhibit first thing in the morning. Think that's about everything.." Kelly nodded in confirmation until she had a realisation.

"Oh and the Monkey's need fruit as well-"

"Go home, go out, go to the city, go find your girl friends" He addressed Kelly. She smiled sheepishly with the face of gratitude before holding out the bucket to Benjamin.

He took the bucket without hesitation and she turned around heading off to her truck "I think i'll just find my pillow.."

"Alright good night!" Benjamin called

"Night Kelly see you in the morning!" i shouted putting my hands round my mouth to intensify the sound.

"Night Guys!" she raised her hand up in the air and waved at us without turning round, bless her she looks beat.

Suddenly she stops in her tracks and turns back to us "OH um- that thing, you wanted me to remember that thing and i-"

"Go home!" Benjamin said sternly but with a smirk on his face.

Kelly raised her hands in defeat as she smiled slightly and sauntered back to the tuck.

Looking between Kelly and Mr. Mee i could definitely see something happening between those two, im like cupid at this stuff. Just like how i can see Lily's feelings towards Dylan..

Too soon Evelyn..too soon for your precious heart. Just forget about him, let Lily peruse her relationship with him because it is totally stupid to fight over a boy, there's plenty of more fish in the sea. Okay cringe i sound Rhonda, ew.

I just have to keep my distance away fro him.

"Hey Evelyn, would you like to join us for Dinner?" Mr. Mee brought me out of my thoughts.

"What? Oh no Benjamin i don't want to intrude honestly it's-" i waved my hand in disagreement

"Oh it's no trouble, save's you going home and cooking for yourself on such a late night" Benjamin looks to his eldest "Right Dylan?"

"Whatever" Dylan rolled his eyes and strutted into the house. Okay Mr. Sassy pants. Well he technically didn't say no...

"Sorry about him Eve hes just going through a moment...a really long moment" I nodded in understanding even when right now i didn't know that teenage boys went through said moments. "Anyway come on inside, Rosie should have finished peeling the sweetcorn by now" Benjamin climbed the steps to his amazingly crafted home.

I cautiously followed behind "You know i have butter at my house that you could have borrowed if you would have just asked me?"i laughed at his gormless face.