Please No! Chapter 5

Charlie P.O.V

"So Charlie i'm not trying to be mean or anything but why aren't you talking?" Lilly asked me I turned my head and stared at the front of the class and wrote down the two words that I knew was going to determine that I was a freak. 'I can't' the words where so simple but they meant so much. I looked out the window to not see Lilly's horrified face. My mind went back to that horrific day just as he was about to shot her the bell rang which made me jump and made me scared because it resembled the sound of the shotgun. I quickly stuffed  my book and pen in my bag and walked as fast as I could towards the door escaping before Lilly could follow me. I made a beeline out toward the front doors of the school and walked into the forest lining the school. I walked in a bit further making sure no one followed me I sat down on the wet grass and lent back against the tree which was behind me. I flipped my hood off and moved all the hair out of my face and breathed in the woodsy scent. I looked around and all I could see was just trees and shrubs. It was so peaceful and silent, a sun ray escaped and shone down at me basking me in it's warmth I smiled and turned my face upwards enjoying the warmth till I had to go back to school. I heard someone calling out my name in the distant it sounded a lot like Lilly I flipped my hood back on and covered my face with my hair. I sighed at least I had that little bit of time to myself, and I was also able to get some sun before I got disturbed.

  "Charlie" Lily called out again by the sounds of it she was a hell of lot closer then before. I heard the leaves crunching as she came closer to where I was. Finally she had found me by this time I was standing up with my bag slung over my shoulder and I was just dusting my ass off. "Hey you disappeared so fast I didn't get a chance to catch up with you" she said accusingly I was confused I thought she would've of thought of me as a freak. "But anyway come on the bell's about to go" Lilly continued on I nodded and she turned around and headed towards the school I followed behind her still confused. When we where seated I wrote the note and passed it to her 'So you don't think i'm a freak cause I can't talk????' I passed it to her and she laughed at it she crumpled the note and aim and threw it into the bin. She looked over at me smiling like I was the biggest idiot around " Why would I think your a freak" she asked me her voice coated in amusement I shrugged my shoulders at her so she continued on " Just cause you can't speak doesn't mean your a freak" she told honestly I slightly smiled at this "Plus I have a feeling we are going to be like best friends" she told me smiling. I turned back to the front of the class and ignored her last comment I never had any friends before we would always move before any friendships could build plus everyone thought I was a freak.

It was finally time to go home and I started the walk back home hoping he wasn't home. When I entered the house he came out of the lounge room the smell of alcohol covered him . No luck today. He looked at me disgust clear in his face "I hate you, you are the most useless person I know" he told me, his voice like venom. His words affected me so bad that I believed them it was always like this since the day mum got shot. He came towards me and grabbed my hair, and yanked me towards him forcefully I stumbled forward landing into his chest he pulled me back and I avoided looking into his eyes "Look at me" he told me but I refused I would never look into his eyes they were lifeless, dead, emotionless they would scare me so much. He spat in my face and pushed me towards the floor and and kicked me in the stomach. he then continued to punch, slap, kick and whatever else you can imagine to me. By the time he was finished I had tears streaming down my face and I was panting for breath. "You deserve everything that comes to you. you little bitch" He said to me and with one final kick to my back he stumbled to the door and left.

-VOTE COMMENT FAN

-Edited