married with children

Richard Baker has lived in his house, on Jeopardy Lane, for 21 years.

He bought the house, in a suburb outside Chicago, when he took the job as a salesman for a major pharmaceutical company. At the time, Richard was a young man, only 24 years old.

His job has been a successful one, as he went from a salesman to manager of their research and development department, over the years of his employment.

Everything has worked out great for him, except for his house and property increasing in value; as he had expected it to.

The lack of increasing property values, in the neighborhood, has been because of the house adjacent to his. Richard Baker lives next door to Al and Peggy Bundy.

You see, Al has never taken very good care of his house and property. All the neighbors complain about it; but Al Bundy could really give a shit about what other people think.

Al wallows in self-pity about his failure life and his nagging wife, Peggy, complains about almost everything. Their two children, with no proper upbringing, rarely help out with anything.

Their son, Bud, is too busy trying to lose his virginity. Their 20 year old bimbo daughter, Kelly, is too busy trying to fuck every good looking guy in the greater Chicago area.

Richard is sitting on his front porch, one fine Saturday spring morning. He is drinking coffee and reading his newspaper.

His faithful companion, Roxie, is lying down by his side. Roxie is a beautiful six year old female Boxer. Richard has owned her since she was a puppy. She is a loving dog and very well trained.

After a while the dog gets up and goes to lie on the lawn, soaking up the morning sun. A few minutes later, Kelly Bundy comes out of her front door.

She sees the dog, on the lawn, and calls out to her. "Come here Roxie, come here."

The dog leaps up to attention. Kelly has played with the dog since it was a puppy. They like each other very much.

Roxie darts to the edge of her lawn when Richard yells out, "Roxie, stay in your own yard. You know better." The dog halts and looks back at him.

"It's OK, Mr. Baker," says Kelly. "She was just coming to see me."

Richard gets up from his chair and walk to the edge of his porch. "Roxie knows not to leave her property without me. I would prefer that you come over here; if you want to play with her."

Kelly walks over and starts to wrestle with her, as boxers love to do. "You're a good girl. Yes you are. You're such a good girl," Kelly says as she plays with the dog.

"This is such a sweet dog," Kelly tells Richard. "I hope it's OK if I come over and see her once in a while."

He walks over closer to Kelly and the dog. "I don't mind at all. Roxie really likes you. Say, Kelly, now that I think of it; I have a job offer for you."

"What kind of a job?" Kelly says suspiciously.

"Here's the deal," Richard explains, "I am leaving early Monday morning for a business conference. I'll be gone until Friday afternoon.

I was wondering if I could get you to come over and feed Roxie for those five days. I'll even pay you $50."

Kelly starts to back pedal on the offer. She was never too keen on work.

"I don't know, Mr. Baker. I'm usually busy all the time," she says.

"Oh, come on now Kelly. It will be real quick and simple. It will take you less than five minutes a day. Come on in the back yard, let me show you."