I Saved The Pictures

I stood alone again and watched people talk and dance from the dance floor as I put a flask to my lips, only to have it taken away quickly. "You are underage." Damon stated with a smirk as he drank from the flask instead and I rolled my eyes.

"You are overage. And honestly, it's a bit creepy." I countered in annoyance and Damon furrowed his eyebrows down at me.

"Oh, come on. What bad-ass senior is complete without a date that is slightly too old for prom?" Damon asked in amusement and I scoffed, folding my arms over my chest at him.

"Please don't refer to yourself as my date." I replied emotionlessly, taking the flask back before drinking from it as Damon rolled his eyes.

"You're right, I'm sorry. Your boyfriend." Damon corrected with a smirk and I scoffed, shaking my head back at him. "Come on. First you leave me on a rooftop and steal my car, now you're going to deny that I'm your boyfriend?" He asked in annoyance and I chuckled.

"You're lucky all I did was leave you on that rooftop. At least you had a daylight ring, which is something Lexi didn't." I countered emotionlessly and watched as he furrowed his eyebrows. "You don't say you're my boyfriend when you were slow dancing with the one that is sired to you, minutes ago." I pointed out and Damon slowly shook his head.

"Mariana, I was only dancing with her like that to make her feel something. She's sired to me, after all." Damon replied in defeat and I rolled my eyes.

"You were trying to stir some 'feelings' in her?" I asked in disbelief as Damon nodded in agreement. "That's a little ironic considering you, her sire—are the one who had her turn them off in the first place." I stated in annoyance and Damon narrowed his eyes down at me.

"Yeah, well, hindsight is almost a bigger bitch than you." Damon replied emotionlessly and I became silent and looked away from him before he sighed. "Ari—" He started but I shook my head and started walking away from him.

"Why don't you go see what your other girlfriend has to say about the 'hindsight'?" I asked with a light scoff before I walked away again, only to be stopped as Bonnie stepped in front of me, breathing heavily with concern.

"We have a problem." Bonnie warned with furrowed brows and I rose an eyebrow and looked over my shoulder towards Damon who watched us intently.
~~

"It's like Jeremy was there. I could talk to him, feel him." Bonnie pointed out with a shrug as she stood around Stefan, Damon, Matt and I.

"Bonnie, that's what Silas does. You can't let him get to you again." Stefan reassured her as he put his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah, because you all crazy and brainwashed—is just not a good look." Damon added sarcastically and I rolled my eyes at him and heard the tapping of a microphone echo around us before we all turned towards the stage where April stood.

"Hey. Okay, the ballots have been tallied, which means it's time to announce Prom king and queen." April stated into the mic with a huge smile as she held an envelope in her hand.

"Look, one of us should take her home." Stefan stated in some concern and I rose an eyebrow and exchanged a look with Bonnie.

"What? No, she's safer here in public around all these people." Damon protested quietly towards his brother and I slowly nodded.

"There's no way Silas can make everyone see the same thing all at once." I pointed out with a sigh and Damon gestured at me in agreement.

"Okay, in the meantime, how do we look out for a guy that can appear as anyone?" Matt asked with furrowed brows before I exchanged a look with Stefan and Damon who furrowed their eyebrows.