Push Comes to Shove

I let out a small groan and opened my eyes to see blurred visions around me.. it took me a few seconds before my sight cleared and I saw Enzo sitting on a long metal bench across from the one I leant against. "Morning, sunshine." Enzo stated in some amusement down at me and I groaned in response and sat up, coming to realize we were in the back of the same van Tripp threw Ivy in.

"Enzo?" I asked, looking back at him completely dazed. I tried to get up as the truck moved from under me, only to see that my hands and feet were chained together. I looked at Enzo in annoyance as he tilted his head in amusement and watched me pull myself weakly up into the bench across from him. I searched my coat pockets and pant pockets before I scoffed and shook my head. "My phone must have fallen out at the dorm." I informed in some defeat.

"I'm glad you finally realized I was gone.. I'm afraid it's going to be a short reunion though. We're headed to Mystic Falls." Enzo warned in a serious tone and I sighed, rattling my chain but it was no use, obviously. "Known for its bridges, a quiet charming scene and really big vampire bug zapper." He added sarcastically and I rolled my eyes.

"No—we're not getting zapped. And you're going to live to see Damon." I protested and watched him look at me in doubtfulness, making me let out a deep sigh. "Enzo—He's back.. He came back last night." I added in a quiet voice. Enzo looked away from me as he tried to mull it over in his mind before his eyes grazed over me carefully.

"For a man who came back from the dead, most likely for you—you don't seem too charmed." Enzo stated in observation and I let out a small scoff, looking away from him.

"I—I realized a few things about the night he disappeared and.. I kind of wish I didn't." I admitted emotionlessly, letting my eyes meet his again. "If you found out that your sister or brother mysteriously and probably intentionally blew themselves up with your significant other—how would you feel?" I asked quietly, shaking my head at Enzo who remained somewhat silent.

-Damon-

I folded my arms over my chest and leant back against the front of Alaric's Jeep. The three of us stood right outside the back road border to Mystic Falls while Stefan silently pulled apart the engine, obviously irritated. "You don't have to take apart the whole engine. We just need to lure Tripp in so we can grab him." Alaric pointed out quietly but Stefan ignored him and continued to take pieces out. "You know, it's not your fault." He added in some reassurance and I shrugged.

"Pretty much is." I countered, making Alaric barrow his eyes at me but I ignored him and watched Stefan carefully. "You turned Enzo into a vampire hunter and now Mariana—my girl, was taken by him too. So yes, it pretty much is your fault." I stated in some anger but Stefan ignored me.

"He's not the only one who gave up, you know." Alaric protested and I rose an eyebrow at him as did Stefan. "You know, ever second for the last for months, all I can think about.. is when I'm going to get my next blood fix. When am I going to screw up and hurt somebody—what if I hurt my daughter?" He asked in some defeat and I looked down in silence. "I used to hunt vampires and suddenly I was one. Searching for you was nearly the one thing that could take my mind off of it." Alaric added as he gestured at me. "Because honestly.. I'd given up, too." He admitted quietly and I looked back at Stefan who looked back down at the engine. The sound of tires came from behind me and I looked over my shoulder to see a van with bright headlight moving down the road.

"Well, looks like the show is about to start." I stated in some amusement, looking back at Stefan and Alaric who nodded and stood up straight.

"That's him." Stefan stated emotionlessly and Alaric stepped in front of him and shook his head.