Fading

-Bonnie-

I saw the trunk open and I furrowed my eyebrows as Kai stood in front of me with a big smile and light poured into my eyes. "Wakey, wakey." He stayed in amusement and I groaned a bit as he lifted me out of the trunk and I rose an eyebrow at the property surrounding us.

"How did I—" I started in confusion before he cut me off.

"-Get so lucky to arrive by a private flight.. Piloted by yours truly?" Kai asked, finishing my sentence and I furrowed my eyebrows. "You would've been super impressed by my flying skills but I knocked you out with pain killers." He added with a shrug and I scoffed as he took the backpack from the trunk.

"Where are we?" I asked, looking at the property around us again.

"Portland, Oregon. Stomping ground of Courtney love, Tony's Harding and tons of other awesome people." Kai answered, taking out a pocket knife and I rose an eyebrow at him skeptically. 

"You could've brought me anywhere in the world and you brought me to Portland?" I asked in disgust and he rolled his eyes back at me.

"This is where I grew up." Kai informed, cutting the tape that was wrapped around my wrists and I groaned as he did before he threw the tape to the side. "I've been counting eclipses since I was imprisoned on this empty planet and according to my recorded tally, I've been here 6,771 supernaturally repeating days.." He stated and I sighed deeply and leant back against the trunk. "So in the real world, which we'll never get back to because you sent your magic away in a teddy bear.." He added, sighing deeply at me but I ignored him. "Today's my favorite day of the year." Kai admitted and I stood in front of him again.

"What day is that?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him in annoyance and he smiled brightly back at me.

"Thanksgiving. I'm cooking you dinner." Kai answered in amusement and I rose my eyebrow in confusion before he smirked and walked away.

-Mariana-

"I'm a vampire." Elena stated emotionlessly and I rose my eyebrow at her.

"I don't know.. Maybe a little less emphasis on the word 'vampire'." I pointed out, setting napkins around the table inside of the Whitmore dorms as Caroline set the silverware.

"I'm a vampire." Elena repeated in a breathless tone and I exchanged a look with Caroline before Elena sighed. "I mean there's only so many ways you can say it." She added in defeat and I nodded in agreement.

"Well, maybe Liam will stop digging into things he doesn't need to know or understand and you won't have to come clean." Caroline countered in reassurance as she now set out the name cards.

"Why do anything at all? I mean who is this Liam guy?" I asked, raising my eyebrow at her skeptically.

"He's an attractive, rich, straight-A student who has gorgeous eyes and is digging around about what happened at the corn maze. Lady Whitmore, who had an internal bleeding and a broken shoulder blade, got it all washed and fixed in less than a minute I was with her.. Liam is trying to figure out why." Elena informed as she leant against one of the chairs around the table while I slowly nodded.

"Kill him." I replied with a shrug and watched her and Caroline scowl back at me. "Look, I mean, if he's digging around for information that you could easily tell him.. He's a wuss that's going to go cry to his mommy the second you pull out a fang." I pointed out, looking between the two and sighing. "And you know that I'm right." I added with a nod, making Caroline roll her eyes.

"And why are you still here? What happened to Originals thanksgiving?" Caroline asked, raising an eyebrow back at me after she got done setting all the placement cards. "Knowing Klaus, you'd be feeding on an entire waiting staff." She added sarcastically and I rolled my eyes.