Help Yourself

"The location spell pointed at a church, which was ironic because well—we're dealing with Katherine." I stated sarcastically as Stefan and I walked down into the cellar to tell Caroline and Tyler who were watching Damon. When Stefan and I reached the cellar, we saw the cell door open completely and I furrowed my eyebrows at the indistinct voices from inside.

"He fed on you! Why did you come in here?" Caroline asked in concern before Tyler groaned in response.

"Why do you think? Damon knew exactly how to piss me off." Tyler answered in annoyance before Stefan and I walked into the cell to see Tyler laying on the floor with dried blood from his neck.

"What the hell happened?" I asked in confusion towards Caroline who knelt beside Tyler as they both looked towards us.

"I think Damon went to go find Wes." Tyler stated with a sigh and I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked between the broken chains that were barely attached to the wall and at Stefan who gave me a serious and concerned look.

-Katherine-

I walked into the storage unit Wes was currently working on his experiments in. "Wes?" I asked loudly as I walked towards his 'lab' that he set up. I saw a body laying on a metal table and I widened my eyes at the amount of blood all over it because I realized who it was.. "Wes! No, no, no—please!" I yelled, vamping towards him and looking down at his completely mangled insides and missing eyeball.. "No." I whispered, looking over him in complete defeat and disbelief as I ran my hands through my hair and felt my anger and sadness boil up inside of me. Elena's phone started buzzing in my back pocket and I took a deep breath and grabbed it in annoyance only to see that it was Nadia. "Nadia, I'm coming back to the church right now." I stated with a sigh as I answered the phone and folded my arms down at Wes.

"She's not at the church anymore.. She's with me at home." Mariana's voice replied from the phone and I felt my body somewhat tense up before I slowly nodded.

"Mariana, why do you have Nadia's phone?" I asked in a sweet voice, pretending to not know what he's talking about.

"She doesn't have much time left, Katherine.." Mariana countered emotionlessly and I furrowed my eyebrows, taken aback..

"I don't know what you're talking about." I stated, still trying to play little, pathetic Elena.

"I know that it's you and I know how much you care about Nadia, that's why I brought her here. With me." Mariana replied from the phone and I looked down at Wes and rose an eyebrow.

"Prove it." I stated emotionlessly before I heard her sigh back at me as the phone shuffled and heavy breathing cane through.

"Katherine?" Nadia's voice asked and my breath hitched in my throat at the sound of her. "Run." She added loudly in warning before the sound of shuffling cane through again.

-Mariana-

"You can always run, Katherine, it's what you do best.. Or you can come home and see your daughters. One of whom is dying." I stated into the phone as I stared down at Nadia who was laying on the living room couch below me. "It's your choice.. Please. For Nadia's sake, be her mother." I added in disappointment before I hung up the phone and gave it to Stefan who stood behind me. Stefan cleared his throat and walked out of the room to give Nadia and I some space. I grabbed a pillow from the couch behind me and put it under Nadia's head as she coughed weakly. I took a deep breath and sat beside her, taking one of her hands in mine and furrowing my eyebrows. "Your hands are like ice." I stared softly down at her and she stared back at me, sweating and breathing heavily.

"I'm sorry." Nadia stated weakly and I furrowed my eyebrows down at her. "I wanted my mother to live. I put the thought of being a traveler inside of her head—And I lied about her traveling inside of my body instead of Elena's." She pointed out in defeat and I slowly nodded down at her as I listened.