True Lies

"If I have to hear the word 'doppelganger' one more time, I think I'm actually gonna have to learn how to spell it." Damon stated in annoyance towards Silas who sighed and walked slowly around the library in front of us.

"You say you don't believe me and yet, your mind is spinning at the possibility." Silas pointed out, smoking at us and leaning on the back of the couch.

" 'A', get out of my head. 'B', I think I would know if my little brother had an evil twin." Damon countered, narrowing his eyes and I sighed, folding my arms over my chest.

"Oh, we're not twins. See, when I became truly immortal, nature retaliated by creating a version of me that could die. It's called a Shadow self." Silas pointed out, sitting on the couch in front of us, smirking up at Damon and I as we stared back at him.

"Well, whatever you are, your plan didn't work. Cure's gone, now what do you want with Katherine?" Damon asked in annoyance and I watched as Silas sighed deeply and looked away from us, making me tilt my head at him.

"The cure's not gone. It's just in Katherine's blood.. Katherine's blood is the cure." I stated emotionlessly, eyeing Silas who smirked back at me and stood up.

"You're smarter than you look, Mariana." Silas stated in amusement and I scoffed at him.

"You have no idea." I replied in annoyance and he chuckled, slowly shaking his head. "But you're not getting her." I added, rolling my eyes before looking at Damon who smirked in agreement.

"I'll get her.. But in the meantime, let's talk about Stefan." Silas countered and I furrowed my eyebrows as did Damon. "Damon, how well do you know your brother? Do you really think that he would leave town for three months without even so much as a phone call or a text?" Silas asked, tilting his head and Damon narrowed his eyes back at him.

"Where's Stefan?" Damon asked emotionlessly and with warning in his voice as he came to realization.

"He's suffering. Like I suffered." Silas answered, staring back at him and I furrowed my eyebrows. "So, call the hunter, bring me Katherine. And then, I will tell you where your little brother is." Silas added with a fake smile as he sat back on the couch and eyed us. I rose my eyebrow and looked at Damon who nodded softly at me before I slowly sighed taking my phone out and dialing Jeremy. I put the phone up to my ear as I heard the dial tone ringing before he picked up and I looked back at Silas who rose his eyebrow at me.

"Hey." Jeremy stated on the other side and I folded my arms over my chest calmly.

"How far did you get?" I asked emotionlessly before looking towards Damon again who was listening in.

"You said not to tell you." Jeremy pointed out in confusion and I rolled my eyes.

"You picked now to listen to me?" I asked, snapping back at him in annoyance before I heard him let out a sigh.

"We just passed Old Miller road." Jeremy answered honestly and I slowly nodded as Silas smirked, listening in also.

"Good. Turn around. Bring her home." I stated in a serious tone as I looked at Silas who nodded in agreement.

"What? No—" Katherine started from somewhere in the background before I hung up and narrowed my eyes at Silas who tilted his head up at me in amusement.
~~~

I paced back and forth as Damon furrowed his eyebrows down at his phone as he texted into it quickly while I did the same with mine as Silas sighed deeply. "Oof. Your thoughts are churning. It's like a spool of pink taffy.. it's very messy, but very fun to watch." Silas observed in amusement, nodding up at us and I scoffed at him.