The Day I tried to Die

-Bonnie-

I scoffed as I looked down at the orange juice cap. I'm a winner. Again. I rolled my eyes throwing it in the basket with all the other ones I won before I put my scrambled eggs on my plate as well as my wheat toast. I sat at the table, taking the cap off of a sharper and circling the date on the calendar for today and I slowly sighed down at it. "Happy Birthday, Bonnie." I whispered before putting down the sharpie and angrily throwing the calendar into the fireplace.

-Mariana-

"Hey." I stated getting out of my car as I pulled up to the boarding house to see Jeremy working out in the garage and I sighed at him ignoring me. I opened the side door and pulled balloons out and I rolled my eyes. Dammit Elena. "You wanna give me a hand here?" I asked raising my eyebrow at Jeremy.

"Little busy." Jeremy countered and I scoffed placing everything in the garage.

"Fine. Then you are on decoration duty because I don't feel like doing it." I shrugged but he still didn't look at me as he continued to lift weights. "It's Bonnie's birthday and Caroline will help you because Elena is interning today." I added folding my arms over my chest at him.

"I know what today is." Jeremy pointed out in annoyance and I nodded.

"Good, then you know how she would have wanted us to spend it—By being together and cooking all of her favorite foods." I countered eyeing him.

"You know, you're starting to sound like Elena." He stated and I glared at him.

"You know what, we can celebrate Bonnie's birthday or we can celebrate you going to art school. Or no, we can't because I found your application in the garbage." I stated in annoyance at him. "Why didn't you tell me about art college?" I added raising my eyebrow and he sighed finishing his reps and sitting on the bench, looking at me.

"I'm not even going to college. The only class I'm passing is study hall. They'll never let me in." Jeremy pointed out and I rolled my eyes.
I walked into the house with a bag of birthday supplies before I went into the kitchen seeing Damon around the cupcakes that sat on the counter.

"Oooh, do you think anyone would notice if we took one?" I asked raising my eyebrow and putting the bag down in the table

"I think Caroline would fry us in the sun." Damon countered in amusement and I laughed in agreement.

"It's worth the risk." I shrugged before he unraveled a cupcake and handed it to me and I took a bite melting. "Mm." I said sighing and he laughed.

"Come here." Damon smiled, wiping his finger on my the corner of my mouth and taking the icing off before licking it off of his finger and I smiled at him.

"So we kissed." I nodded, looking away from him.

"Yes, we did." Damon said smirking and I tilting my head back at him.

"And I'm good with that." I stated in amusement and he rose an eyebrow.

"Well it just so happens that I am too." Damon said and I rose my eyebrow. "Was this the talk?" He asked and I nodded in agreement before we pulled towards each other and kissed, only it was a little deeper than a kiss.

"Hello?" A familiar voice asked coming in and I shook my head.

"No.. That's impossible.. Because why would he-" I started but Damon cut me off in agreement.

"He didn't. He's all merged and packed and on his way to Portland." Damon added in agreement groaing louder at the end furrowing his eyebrows before Kai walked into the kitchen.