24. Sincerity

Staring up at the ceiling, Stevie laid in bed---listening to Lindsey's breathing as he slept cozily.

The night before they had finally decided to reconsummate their relationship by taking things a step further. And not that it was a big giant step because it was, in fact, a tango they had done a multitude of times, it was just different this time. There seemed to be more love lingering in each motion, but because, they weren't rushed to hide---it was more passionate.

Coursing through Stevie's head, there were a lot of things she was thinking about as far as she and Lindsey went with their relationship, the Say You Will house, his children, the band and even Kristen and his divorce. There seemed to be so many things to do still and it made her a little nervous since everything was going so smooth as of now. She was afraid that something would set them back, but she didn't want to make any rash decisions based off her uneasy thoughts.

"Are you okay?" Lindsey had opened his eyes---looking at her as he brought his hand to her resting ones.

Looking over at him, "Yeah," she gave a gentle smile. "I just got a lot happening in my mind." She then started to turn to the side to face him more.

"You look a little sad," he had to mention.

"Just stressed," she nodded.

He nodded, knowing she always looked uneasy when she was stressed out. "Before we came to bed last night, I was going to mention it, but I didn't wanna ruin the moment," he admitted.

"Yeah, I know... That's okay, I'm okay---" she assured, resting her head on her elbow while the other hand stayed locked with his. "I just keep thinking. Christine mentioned something and I told her she was wrong, but later I considered it. And I don't think it's possible, but..." she shook her head a little.

"Tell me," he urged with sincerity.

"Well, Christine said that we should make us official before we break it to the band. She said Mick will try to change my mind and the other members of the band won't feel as weird with you there again, as if you're gonna take their place. But the fact is, they are substitutes in a sense..." she added.

"Okay," he paused. "Listen, I don't want to take my place back. Did you tell Chris that?"

She nodded her head since she recalled barely touching on the subject.

"Alright and Mick will always try to change your mind because you're his best friend. He wants to father you and he wants to be right even if he listens to you. Maybe Mike and Niel are substitutes and they may feel that way, but they shouldn't feel weird if I happen to come back. And obviously I will, but it isn't anything to stress over. I understand what Christine is trying to say---where she's coming from, but I don't think you have to worry about it."

"Are you sure?" she asked, kind of curling her lips to the side as she thought about it once more, only from his perspective.

"Positive," he gave a short nod. He then moved his free hand to the back of her head, losing his fingers in her blonde strands. "Does that make you feel better?" he asked.

She nodded lightly, a small grin forming since she did feel better about the situation with the way he put it.

"Okay," he pulled her a little closer to capture her lips. Right after, he started to get up and threw his legs over the edge of the bed---getting ready to put his clothes on.

"Are you leaving?" she asked, watching him.

"I'm just gonna head back and grab some clothes from my condo."

"Oh, you got your condo?" she lingered, playing the part only since he never mentioned it and Kristen had told her.

"Yeah, once you're back for good, I'll get rid of it. It's just somewhere for me to stay so I don't have to bombard Kristen. I'm hoping, however, that we can get started with the divorce papers soon. I think if we just go to court and do it together, it'll be smoother. We won't have to serve one another..."