Chapter 4 : The first favor

LISA'S POV

I growled as the sun rays passed through the curtains, which also reminded me to buy new ones and other furniture because my apartment was a real mess since I had moved. I turned many times in my bed, always trying to hide from the sun, but unsuccessfully, my conscience told me that I had to stop being lazy. It was barely Wednesday and I was already feeling tired. Yet, I was in the age to be active and full of energy but here I am fighting against procrastination.

"Fuck you, Manoban. If you don't get up now and arrive late for your class, no one will ever take you seriously again, so get your ass out of there!" it was my conscience as a person who had just given me an order. I turned my head towards the bedside table, squinting my eyes to decipher the numbers that were displayed on my alarm clock. I had plenty of time before my first class of the day but I had to prepare the lesson if I didn't want to be lost later.

My routine began with a long shower while I regained my senses, choosing my clothes, preparing my breakfast-a porridge and berries-and a refreshing lemonade to have a good day. All this while checking my emails and messages that I still haven't had time to read. Nothing particularly important if it wasn't my mother who has been harassing me since I moved or the university principal who sent me my schedule and any meetings that will take place during the year. Rosé had also written me a note after our dinner at Jisoo's. She said that the idea of bringing our three classes together to do an activity could be interesting. I was actually the initiator of this idea, I had thought about creating a new perspective for my students. Integrating art history and geography into French literature could really give a great experience. I'll probably talk to them about it later at lunch or in the teacher's room.

The time was running, which meant it was time for me to get on the road. I took my jacket, my bag and my folder with the profiles of my students, since I had not finished flipping through and I wanted to read every detail. 

In two minutes, this class was going to be filled with undecided young adults discussing things that were more useless than each other. I could already hear their voices in the hallway while I sat comfortably at the desk with my lesson planning. 

"Good morning Professor!"

"Good morning Ms. Manoban,"

"'morning prof',"

"Hellooooooo,"

"I love your shirt today Ms.,"

"What are we going to do today?"

"Shut up Jae!"

Since I started teaching, whether with children or adults, I have always wondered if they greeted me as a sign of respect or just to ingratiate themselves in case I felt pity for them at the end of the year. If I wanted to be very honest, I'd say they were completely fooling me.

"Good morning everyone, thank you for being here because I know that only this task already requires a lot of effort from you," I said and the class laughed, "but I hope you still have a bit of energy left for me. Well, first of all, I would like to make a short comment regarding your presentations yesterday. Overall, this was extremely positive. You will receive your scores and my comments by email because I know that some of you would not appreciate it if I said it in front of everyone. This score will also count for the end of the year, so I strongly advise you to do these small exercises throughout the year, as it could save you. Is that clear so far?"

"Professor? Will there be group projects?" a student with thick glasses raised her finger. She was one of the few who was diligent in the classes, unfortunately.