Chapter 15 : A day in hell

LISA'S POV

The museum visit was scheduled for next month but the exhibition was cut short, so I had to plan everything at the last minute. 

I hate changes of plans. 

The Seoul Museum showcased Italian Renaissance painters. The country was fortunate to host some original paintings, so it was a highly anticipated event. Since this trip was rich in history and art, I decided to do it with my two best friends, Rosé and Jisoo. I had talked to them about it during the holidays when I was organizing my program for the year. Seeing the exhibition, I knew I couldn't miss it because it was enriching for the students. Besides, Rosé was an art professor and Jisoo a history professor. It was a good thing they didn't have any ideas to make their classes more interactive. So I was hoping that our trip would be a success and that our students would enjoy it.

"I guess it's today that they'll realize that we're friends,"

"If you don't start telling about our outings to the restaurant, they'll only think we're colleagues,"

"Guys, why are you stressing about this? Whether they know it or not, they have no right to ask us questions about our private lives,"

"Lisa's right. Jisoo, can you ask the driver if he can wait a few more minutes, three students are late but they're on their way," Jisoo nodded and crossed the street where the bus was parked. A man in his forties was smoking his cigarette, letting a thick greyish mass out of his mouth. His pastel blue shirt tucked into his black pants, which showed his sides bulges and his badly cut beard, made him abominable. He didn't even seem happy driving these young adults with wild hormones.

"Reassure me this is not the first time you've been out on outings with students," I had a little doubt seeing their reactions. They seemed panicked? 

Unlike them, I was looking forward to this outing. I always dreamed of doing an activity with my best friends, especially when the three of us were doing the same job and in the same place.

"Honey, there's nothing I haven't done yet. You're the one who should be getting more out of it," she tapped my cheek lightly while mocking me. I mimicked her expression but deep down I wanted to slap her back but a little harder. We were interrupted when someone cleared her throat. Rosé immediately removed her hand like a thief who had just been caught red-handed. 

"Ms. Manoban? Sorry to bother you, but I wanted to let you know that the last students have arrived. We'd better hurry if we didn't want to get stuck in traffic jams,"

"Thank you for the information, Miss Kim. We'll be right there," the demon glared at both of us before turning around on her heels to join her group of friends. Who thinks about putting on heels for a trip to a museum?

"Oookay... that was weird," Rosé turned to me with a confused look.

"What's weird?" Jisoo jumped between us, separating us and almost gave us a heart attack. Can you imagine for a moment having Kim Jisoo as a professor? I always imagined what a class with her looked like. I even wonder if the students respect her because of the lack of maturity she sometimes has in her, I have big doubts.

"Jennie Kim," 

"Oh... Nah, she's just Jennie Kim. Anyway, let's get on the bus before the driver changes his mind. A few minutes ago, he complained that he had not studied to become an electrician when he was young," Jisoo threw her hands around our shoulders and pushed us towards the car where some students were going in. 

"You should have told him that nothing is too late. And Kim Jisoo, get your hands off me. I don't want the students to think I'm friends with you," Rosé removed her fingers one by one from her shoulders and walked without waiting for us.