Chapter 26 : The sweetest professor

JENNIE'S POV

It didn't take me long to find out who was in league with Miyeon and her gang. Not surprisingly, I was disappointed in myself for not noticing instead. It was during one of Lisa's classes, Miss Psychologist was present. She had been away for several days and I was beginning to enjoy not seeing her anymore. Unfortunately, she had to come back with the same haughty look as Lisa's mother. I am curious what they say to each other when they are together, probably spitting on others. 

My instincts told me I wasn't going to like this woman, and it was right. From the day I met her, glaring at me, I knew my days were going to be hard. I didn't know then that she was going to be sitting with her pencil skirt revealing her legs a little more than she needed to in class. The bitch worked so hard to get herself noticed that she didn't realize how pathetic she was. Lisa was the only one who had no idea what was going on. I don't think she felt the tension between Suzy and me. Every time we looked at each other, there was a silent battle going on. This woman wasn't stupid and neither was I, to understand each of our intentions.

Suzy Bae was undeniably a beautiful woman with an aura that screamed well educated girl, superior to others. But like Miyeon, she managed without great difficulty to create this image of a gentle, attentive and respectful woman full of ambitions. Everybody seemed to like her, the other teachers were among them.

But despite this optical illusion to which I was apparently the only one immune, it irritated me to an unimaginable degree. 

That bitch would openly throw constant remarks and criticism at me in class even when I hadn't done anything wrong. Wanting to keep this motivation to do well and to have this degree, I even took part in her classes. But my answers were worthless, I even made myself look like an idiot. Of course she was different when Lisa was there, but that day the teachers had a meeting. So Miss Bae offered to give us another class where we would discuss the latest news that happened all around the world. 

The lesson was interesting, but what was more interesting was seeing Miss Bae get along with Miyeon. Her group was enjoying participating when they tended not to pay attention to what was going on. Another mystery about how they can succeed every year. 

"Miss Kim, are you okay?" the sweet voice that brought me back to earth forced me to debate the subject later. I was now in Lisa's class and luckily Suzy wasn't there. It would have been better if she had been there every day. If that were the case, I'd rather skip her class. 

"Sorry Ms. Manoban, I was just a bit tired," she was hesitant, I could see it. She was mentally arguing whether she should be worried or not but in the end she couldn't stop her class just to ask me if I was okay. 

"So as I explained in the Middle Ages, the political system established was the feudal system. We'll see afterwards how it's divided..."

Lisa continued her class while giving me some subtle glances. I wasn't really paying attention. I preferred to look at the birds on the window sill except that I was sitting in the front row. Then I could only pretend to be attentive but of course, it didn't go unnoticed with her. 

"Miss Kim. I need to talk to you," her voice said she wasn't taking no for an answer. Sitting on her chair with her hands clasped on her desk, she looked imposing, especially in her new dark suit. Some days I really regret that she is not a simple student like me, but then I realize that my year would have been less exciting. 

"Look like your hot secret is not in the mood," Soojin whispered me with a hint of amusement.

"Whatever, y'all have to wait me at the parking lot. I'm craving for some whiskey tonight,"