Chapter 36 : Believe in us

LISA'S POV

I love you so much.

These few words kept playing in my head causing me instant insomnia as I contemplated the ceiling of my room while this tempting creature was sleeping peacefully on my chest. She had decided to drop the bomb and run away, leaving me alone with my mixed-up feelings.

Her breathing and light snores filled the room. My fingers were busy drawing invisible circles on her bare back and then following her spine. Her curls of silky black hair hid part of her pretty face. Her body shuddered every time I massaged the back of her neck. Her body and soul were in perfect harmony, I wouldn't change this moment for anything in the world. 

Outside, the neighborhood was still as quiet as it was a few hours ago, as if someone had stopped time. Still dark with the few streetlights that lit up the alley, there wasn't even a single car passing by. Not a single soul wandering these streets.

Just us in this bed. 

I reached for my watch on the bedside table and managed not to wake Jennie. It said 5:30 in the morning and our train to Tokyo was at 11:00. In a few hours, the students and my friends will wake up. Rosé and Jisoo will probably come over to my house for their coffee and I couldn't let them see that Jennie had spent the night. I just wanted to avoid their questioning if possible. 

I looked at her again, still in a deep sleep that it hurt my heart to have to wake her up. I stroked her back slowly and called out to her where she left growls that were supposed to be scary but it was just the opposite.

"Kim, wake up. You should go back to your place before the others wake up,"

"Mmmh... 10 minutes more," she clung to me as if her life depended on it. She moved her leg into my crotch, putting it dangerously close to my private part. I should have put my shorts back on, it would have prevented a morning erection.

"Wake up, you'll have plenty of time to sleep on the plane. But it's almost 6:00 a.m. and they'll be up soon to pack," 

She raised her head with her eyes half closed. This girl undoubtedly had a secret for staying so radiant when she woke up. Despite the slight trace of drool on the corner of her mouth, she remained beautiful. 

After some time rubbing her eyes with her tiny, baby-size fists, she realized where she was and surely what happened last night. 

"Oh... I-I should g-go," she almost tripped with her head facing the floor, getting out of bed a bit panicked, "Uch," she held her head in her hands, wincing the pain that was being felt. The alcohol had taken its toll.

"Wait here, I'm gonna take a painkiller and a glass of water. Don't move," I made her sit on the bed giving her one of my t-shirt. As for me, I quickly put on a pair of shorts and a T-shirt and took the emergency kit from above the wardrobe. Then I grabbed one of the glasses from the table and the bottle of water from the mini fridge in the bedroom, "Here. You'll feel better in a few minutes," she let a small 'thank you' and drank it. 

"So... did I do anything stupid last night?" 

"Don't pretend like you don't remember it," 

"Oops?" she let a guilty smile but she quickly lowered her head and looked at her empty glass.

"Did I make you upset last night? Because I don't remember doing you anything to deserve to be treat as a jerk or an asshole," I crossed my arms and looked at her intently. She winced at each insult that she was scared to look at me. 

"I'm sorry. I acted like an immature kid, you didn't do anything wrong,"

"You're lying, Kim. Tell me what happened," I sat next to her and took the glass to put in on the table. Then I placed my hand on hers to reassure her that everything was fine.