Chapter 22 : Back to reality

JENNIE'S POV

Because every good thing has an end even if you had the opportunity to extend that happiness, an end will await you at the end of the road. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing because another happiness might be waiting to take over, but that didn't stop you from regretting and fearing that you wouldn't be able to relive that happiness in that particular place with that particular person.

Even sitting at the dining table where different colored pencils were spread out with an eraser and pairs of scissors was a happiness that I wouldn't soon experience. 

Arissa and I were scraping our blank sheet of paper because we had started a contest to make the best drawing of which Lisa would be the judge without knowing who had drawn what. Her parents asked us to help by looking after her this morning while they were out of town buying some stuff that was impossible to find in Chiang Mai. Since Lisa and I had nothing on the program as our flight was scheduled for tonight, we decided that it was best to pack our bags and if we had some time left, take a walk around the area.

"It's not fair! Lisa will choose you because your draw is better than mine!" the small thai girl whined out taking a peep to my sheet. Since I arrived, Arissa has made considerable progress in English, which she has received congratulations from her teacher. I was no less proud of myself for being an excellent prof. 

"Stop being a baby. Your draw is better than good! See?" I held the sheet in front of me so that she could admire her talent. In the last few hours, she had taken the contest far too seriously since Lisa promised a big reward for the winner.

"Lisa, I swear if your reward is a piece of thai biscuit. I'm gonna cut that little thing of yours!" I shouted so she could hear my since she was in the bedroom finishing her luggage. 

"Stop trying to be scaring and win the contest so you could see my big reward," she popped her head from the room and winked at me.

Oh no, I know what she is referring to by big.

Although I'm ready for another hot and intense session with her, I couldn't afford it today because I ran out of pills. I had taken a little less than I expected because I thought Lisa would get me off as soon as she found out I had followed her here. 

And with me, it's raw or nothing. 

"P'Lisa is kind. She always gives me everything like big toys," Arissa exaggerated with hand gestures to show the grandeur of those gifts. I held back laughing because of her innocence.

"Don't look at me like that. You're the one who started with your innuendo," I scoffed at her. She was glaring at me because she exactly knew why I was giggling. She wouldn't miss her professor role. 

She walked behind us without looking at what we were drawing and went to the kitchen to get a glass of water, "Arissa, you have to win. I'm cheering for you," she said casually leaning on the counter of the kitchen. 

"Yes p'Lisa, I'll do my best!" she cheerfully said before diving in her drawing again and focused until the end. This child was able to focus longer than me when I was in a class. Maybe if I had art classes, I wouldn't be such a pain in the ass. But I'm not asking for just any kind of art class, what I want are classes where we had nude models exposing themselves to us for hours while we drew every detail on our painting. I wouldn't lie that I once thought of having Lisa sitting on an armchair with her legs spread out where her magic stick would stand upright.

"Ms. Kim, you're not focused again," her tone was something. It wasn't the same tone she used with me in the classroom but more in a bed.