Chapter 8.

I look up and see the same cute boy with blue eyes from before. My heart stops. I don't talk to boys, the first time was a lot for someone like me to handle, and now a . . . again? I'm interested in him but I know he'd never return those same feelings.

 I know my feelings for him will only grow and thus need to prevent my heart from getting broken. "Hi. I have to go." I say, his face is confused, but I have no choice. I run down the hall, feeling my heavy feet stomping and trampling the innocent floor beneath me. 

My heart is still in a race even after closing the door and sitting down. I need a few minutes before my breathing can finally go to normal. Running isn't something my body can handle but running right after talking to a boy makes everything that much heavier in my chest.

every single guy I've talked to has always ended up asking me about Ava, 'oh by the way what's your friend's number' I never thought I was tired of it until now. But developing feelings for this random cute boy just isn't in my cards, and that's something I've accepted a long time ago.

"Hey, girl we're partying tonight," Ava informs me and my eyes go wide as soon as I see her enter the room.

 "You're wearing tha--" she cuts me off. Her bra is a see-through net and all she has on is a jacket. This is going to attract more attention than she needs and she knows it.

 "Get ready two cute guys are going to give us a ride, one for you and one for me," she explains and I roll my eyes.

 I don't care to argue and the thought's in my head need some cleansing . . . with alcohol. I know it's not ‚me' to go to a party but I can't let Ava go to a party alone, especially dressed like that, and I know she definitely won't change her outfit.

 I slip into a black sparkly dress, the dress is much longer than my knees which is perfect. 'Black is a slimming color' I repeat in my head as we walk out the door.

I try not to think about Ava, her perfect body fits her tight dress perfectly which only makes me more self-conscious. 

The car looks worn out, old yet somehow drives fast. I can barely see the boy's faces. The only thing I want to do is plug my ears with my earbuds and listen to unappreciated music but Ava warned me to not ‚freak them out' with my habits.

Ava steps out of the car, her red dress and white heels compliment her body. I, on the other hand, look like a potato bag trying to fit into a dress. 

"You must really like that dress." a male's voice says and I quickly realize I'm already inside. 

What? how can that be? I shake off my ridiculous thoughts it's that blonde-haired boy again. Why is he everywhere?

"No, I . . . I just--"

"Don't worry, I get it," he says with a soft smile. 

"Want a drink?" he adds. Of course, I do, he hands me a red cup and my teeth lightly bite onto the plastic before taking a gulp. 

I don't think I've ever been this nervous. I'm alone, alone, completely by myself, Ava disappeared a few minutes ago with no trace of her. 

The only reason I even came was for her. I feel my cheeks turning a light pink color and I press my fat palms against them.

"Want to get to know each other?" He asks with a slight smile.

 Is he serious? get to know . . . me?

 "Me?" I ask confused. 

"Yeah, you. Let's go upstairs?" He asks raising a brow and licking the sweet vodka off his lips. 

"O . . . okay."