Chapter 38

LIAM'S POV:

I fall down onto my knees in order to convince her, maybe that will work. I don't care what I do as long as I convince her to get back with me. I need this girl, she's easy prey. I need to hide everything from her, as long as she doesn't know anything about Ava or that night everything will be okay. I'm surprised she still hasn't googled my name, the school is fully aware of who I am despite it being so quietly kept. As soon as someone finds out that I'm dating again, my secret will spread out like wildfire just like last time. I want to erase my past from people's mouths even though I'd never actually stop what I'm doing with naive girls like her.

„Liam, I . . . I just don't know right now . . ." She says, staring down at me. I feel pathetic kneeling down like this, in front of a fat girl who thinks someone like me would actually want her, but right now I need to do everything I can to get her back. I look up at her, hoping she'll fall for my puppy eyes.

„But . . . I'd be willing to think about it." She adds. I can't hide my smile, the fact that she thinks this situation is normal, me kneeling down so that the fat girl can forgive me, I almost want to throw up. I stand up quickly, the dirty ground has made the knees of my jeans filthy. The lengths I go to for girls like her. This girl doesn't know how lucky she is to think she's dating me.

„Can I hug you?" I say, my voice low. My eyes plead against hers, can someone really be this naive?

„Yeah." She says, and unknowably replies to my subconscious question. I try not to let out a laugh at her imaginary authority against me. Of course, she's back with me, it'll only take a day or two for her to ‚think' about it. I give her a big smile right before leaving and I can see she can't be helped as long as I claim to want her.