Chapter 27

My hair is wet after the shower, drying it has never been my favorite part, but seeing it turn from a dark blonde into a light blonde never seizes to interest me. The blow dryer Is old but it manages to do the job on my short hair.

I can't believe I'm up this early. The sun hasn't even come up yet, which isn't weird considering it's only six am and I'll be late for class in about two hours.

"I think I'm going to stay with a friend for now . . ." Ava says as soon as I walk into our dorm room. 

I'm instantly confused, the talk we had yesterday seemed to meaningful and now I'm starting to be afraid Ava didn't take any of it in. 

"Wait what?" I ask 

"Yeah, just for a week or so . . ." she trails off but I can't hear her over the noise in my head. What friend would she be staying with? 

"Oh . . . okay." Is all I manage to say. I knew that Ava had met new friends that she enjoyed being with but after everything that happened yesterday, I somehow figured she wouldn't leave the dorm for at least a week.

She quickly packs a few sweaters and heads out of the door. "I'm sorry, I just need some space, I'm not feeling well." She says

"We can talk about it—" I start but she slams the door on my words.

 I sigh before kicking the small container right next to my bed. I can't believe I was stupid enough to think that Ava would get over this and change.

Since there won't be an Ava in this dorm, or anyone really I decide the best thing to do is embrace it and enjoy it by lying on my softer than ever bed instead of moping around, hoping that my best friend will ever do anything about her problems, after all, I have my own to deal with and just because I'm not dieting doesn't mean I'm working on my demons which she probably is too, for all I know at least.

The party is packed and the stairs make me feel dizzy, I can barely climb up but a strong and wraps around me. 

"I got you." A familiar voice says. 

"Thank you," I reply only to turn around to see Liam holding me with his strong arms, his face looks sort of dark and I can barely see it through the smoke and the different colored lights at the party.

"Come one I'll help you upstairs." He says and grabs a hold on my hand a little too tightly. All of a sudden we're on the bed. 

"I really like you," Liam says as he touches my thighs, sliding his hands up them in an uncomfortable manner. 

"I . . . I don't know if this is right, Liam, please I don't . . ." I trail off but his hands feel too good on my thighs and I know he'll only keep persisting, maybe having sex with him wouldn't be so bad since we're already kind of dating. 

"Didn't we need to talk?" I ask, my head feels foggy and clouded with unanswered questions. 

"I really want you, Olivia." He says, ignoring me completely. 

Before I know it I see him start to hover over me and my breath by itself starts to get deeper and deeper, I feel like my chest is heavier than usual and I can barely breathe. Liam's face turns into darkness and I start to feel a collapsing sensation, I can't make out his facial features, or anything around me for that matter.

"Ava!" I wake up screaming but quickly realize she isn't here, she left a while ago and I'm all alone. I never have nightmares, why are they starting now?