Chapter 14

"up for a party?" she asks calmly but with an overly enthusiastic smile. I rub my eyes and sit up onto the bed. 

"Why do you keep falling asleep?" she asks and I don't have an answer to it. I guess I'm pretty tired after everything had has happened this week. 

"Now? it's like ten pm." I finally manage to say. 

"Yeah but there's a great party. Parties like these don't come often." She says with a wink. Sure they don't. 

"Fine," I say surprising us both. I know I need to relax and take my mind off of everything and just drink away all of our problems.

I slip into my long black dress since it is, after all, a slimming color, and that's what I need the most; Slimming and the only dress I have.

Ava's trashy car is somehow calming as we drive to the party. It feels homey and comforting to know we're safe in this so-called car. I start to feel disoriented and tired. 

I'm glad I at least join a few parties here and there and try my best to 'get out there'. This is different it's not like it used to be, I'm different. In high school, I never went anywhere and now I'm going to a party voluntarily and I even met a guy that seems interested. It's somehow nice to feel so hidden with him, Ava doesn't need to know everything, after all, if he met Ava he'd probably fall for her instead of me, it has happened before and it broke me; all of me. After the boy in middle school kissed me, he did the same to Ava expect he actually fell for her blond curls and tan skin back the.

 The two of them left me alone and Ava did nothing more buy stay with him until of course they became older and I was Ava's rebound whenever he did something. She slept with him for the first time and after that, he never wanted anything to do with her.

My life sure has shifted and I'm thankful for whatever has turned my life into an actual life I want to live. I feel better every day, and that fortune teller is slowly getting out of my mind. Stupid things don't usually take this long to get out of my mind but somehow my brain can't get rid of the image of that woman and what she said.

She quickly parks, almost hitting the rock in front. 

"let's go." she says overly excited. I want to roll my eyes but decide not to. We both rush to the door in this overly big house packed with people. As soon as I step in someone hands me a red cup with a few drops of liquid. 

I'm immediately disgusted and set it down on the table. I look over only to see that Ava has yet again has disappeared and this time I'm not surprised. I notice a few people on the couch making out, I scrunch up my nose in disgust. What am I even doing here?