Chapter 72

After getting through every single detail of where I was that night I'm finally let go from the small room. Four hours in questioning left me with nothing but a fat and sweat-soaked body.

 I glance around but notice that Ava is nowhere to be seen, they must be keeping her for longer. As I take the first few steps down the stairs but I quickly realise that I have no one waiting for me, Ava is in questioning and Liam is . . . dead.

 There's no one here to love me or wait for me. And the only person that did love me is now gone forever. I gulp down the tears that rise with every step I take away from the police station.

As soon as I arrive back to the dorm, I lock the door and turn on the small tv, the news broadcaster is a thin woman with blonde hair, similar to mine but she's beautiful but yet someone Liam wouldn't have chosen which makes my heart smile just a little. It doesn't matter how fucked up the situation was, now that he's gone, the fire seems to have burned out, leaving only smoke behind from the huge wreckage that he created. Nothing seems to matter anymore . . . at least not as much as it did when he was alive.

The woman starts talking about a crime committed against a young and innocent quarterback and I quickly realize that the photo displayed is Liam. 

The crime has been deemed as a murder and the blond-haired lady tells everyone to call the number flashed on the screen below if they have any details.

„A gun has been found, but there are no traces of fingerprints, police are looking into the matter . . ." The woman trails off as I lower the volume, my head swims, how did we lose the gun? I thought Ava had it all this time. I mentally scream but realize that they have nothing on us since there is no evidence or fingerprints.

I hear a knock at the door after almost falling asleep, it's Ava, she looks tired and worn out.

„I have bad news." She says.

„what!" I yell waiting frantically for her to open her mouth.

„The police want us to come for another interview, this time they have some evidence."

„But I just saw the news, they didn't know anything."

„they don't say everything on the news, the police keep some things hidden." She explains and my eyes nearly pop out.

„well what evidence is there?"

„They did a thorough search and they . . . they found a small blood splatter in my car . . . in the trunk." She gulps.

„Ava! How could you, you were supposed to clean the trunk!!" I shout.

„I know but this will all be okay won't it? For allthey know he might have cut his lip or something." She explains and I nod. Idon't know if she's making any sense, but even if they do find something on usthey'll never truly be able to charge us with anything because his body hasn'tyet been found and it never will be.

I'm so sorry for having a short chapter today, but it's been so  busy and I've barely had time to sit down (which is why I'm posting this chapter two hours before midnight)