Chapter 3 - Lenny

"Yo." I knock twice on the front desk to get the receptionist's attention. Cora looks up at me, pushing her glasses up with a finger. "There's a guy named Wolfe coming in at three. Who's he booked under?"

"One second." She holds up a finger and starts going through the computer, scrolling the mouse.

I tap my fingers on the desk as I eye the waiting area. There's two people here and one of the dudes looks like he's going to be sick. My brows rise and I consider giving him a bucket. It's always slow on Monday's, especially during the afternoon. Our busiest days are Friday through Sunday and the rest of the week does decently. I have to say I'm looking forward to seeing the big guy and spicing up this boring day.

I spent a lot of time thinking over the weekend about what I initially thought of him. Now that I don't hate him anymore and am starting to realize he's one of the decent ones, I'm really fucking curious about him. I still don't like that I can't read him for shit but it looks like I'm going to be changing that. I just want to see what this guy is all about and see if I can get anything out of him since apparently I've gotten under his skin. I think Asher telling me that gave me a big head about it because now I've made it my personal mission to break down the beast and see what he's hiding behind those walls. I just want to quench my curiosity. Once I'm satisfied, I swear I'll drop it. I have no reason to keep someone like him in my life anyways.

"He's Lavender's client." Cora tells me. "Do you know him?"

"He's a friend of a friend." I say vaguely.

"Is his name actually Wolfe?" Her nose scrunches and I have to laugh because I wondered the same thing the first time I met him.

"Yup. And trust me, it suits him. You'll see."

"Finally. Something interesting comes out of today." She grins.

I wink back and head toward the hallway where all the offices are lined up. "Thanks for the help, girl."

My thigh-high heeled boots clack noisily against their marble floor as I make my way to Lavender's room. I check my watch and note that Wolfe should be here any minute.

I knock on her door before I hear a, "Come in."

"Hey, Lav." I shut the door behind me. She looks up from her station where she's assembling her tattoo gun.

"What's up, Lenny?" Her gaze follows me as I perch myself on to the recliner. "You look hot today."

"Do I?" I look down at my attire.

Maybe I did kick things up a notch. I prefer being comfy at work and usually go with cargo pants, simple shirts, and combat boots. Today, I'm wearing form-fitting jeans that have large rips in the thighs and disappear under my black suede boots that end just above my knee. My cropped graphic t-shirt shows off enough of my midriff without looking too indecent and is held up by two thin straps. I also straightened my raven black hair instead of leaving it up in a messy bun.

Fuck. Did I really dress to impress today? What the hell is wrong with me?

"Thanks." I quickly change the subject before I have the chance to wonder why the fuck I'm trying so hard. "So listen, it turns out I know you're next client."

"Wolfe?" She raises a brow. "If that's even his real name."

"It is." I smile. "He's a big dude so you won't question his name when you see him. I just wanted to let you know he doesn't talk."

"What do you mean?"

"He's a mute. He doesn't speak so you're going to have to get creative when you communicate with him about his piece."