The Unexpected Path - Synopsis

Coming to you June 19th...

They say the best things in life are unexpected but so are the worst things. Especially the worst things.

Lucas Cage has been blissfully ignorant to the harsh forthcomings of the world. Who can blame him? Growing up in a successful, millionaire family where legendary boxers are your blood has made him untouchable. His bold words, uncaring attitude, and cunning behaviour have always been forgiven by those who love and despise him alike. He's the devious boy that grew up into a malicious man even though his heart is in the right place. But what happens when tragedy strikes in his only known weakness: his family? His world as he knows it is turned upside down in the most unforgivable way and now he wants vengeance. He wants to hurt the way he's been hurt. And what better target than the only girl who's ever wrecked his heart?

Olivia West has no idea she's become her former best friend's latest prey but that doesn't mean she's not ready for him. Because she wants her vengeance too and she wants it from the boy who shattered her heart all those years ago. She used to be his saviour but now she's his enemy and she plays the part disturbingly well. There's just one problem: devastation arises and threatens to rip both their families apart, something that's much bigger than the two of them. Their rivalry must be put on hold or they'll break under the weight of the world. For the first time in years they need each other, whether they like it or not, and discover that hate isn't the only passionate emotion that flares between them. But will they survive this unexpected path, or will they crash and burn?

*NOTE: can be read as a stand-alone! If you'd like to recommend this story to someone who hasn't read the original FD series, you can! Pass it on :)

*Don't forget to follow my Instagram! I'll be posting lots of teasers and snippets that won't be posted on Wattpad so while you wait for June 19th, you can get your fill!

IG: @its_author_tfb