Chapter 7 - Lenny

I walk in to work on Friday morning like a total zombie. Friday's are always the busiest days at the studio and it makes work that much more a drag because it's so close to the weekend. I love what I do but by the end of the week I'm more than ready to fall face first on my bed and happily not set an alarm for the next day.

I pull my beanie lower, taking a sip of my coffee as I walk inside Make Your Mark. Cora is slumped in her chair with her chin resting in her palm, her eyelids drooping. I snort and set down the coffee I grabbed for her on the reception desk and she immediately straightens up.

"Oh my God. I love you." She grabs the cup and inhales deeply, sighing. She looks at me over the rim as she takes a sip. "I was talking to the coffee, by the way."

"You're welcome, bitch." I laugh and head deeper inside the studio where everyone's offices are.

One by one, I deliver everyone's respective morning pick me ups. Lavender does a little victory dance. Corbin claims he's considering going straight for me. Gia and Titus are fucking on his desk when I walk in and screams erupt before I quickly deposit the coffee on the floor and shut the door behind me like I didn't see that. My eyes are wide as I try to get the image of Titus's ass out of my head because nobody wants to know what their boss's ass looks like. Suffice to say, I'm officially awake now.

"What was that?" Lavender pokes her head out of her office.

I walk past her and shudder. "You don't want to know."

Thankfully, things are blissfully uneventful after that. My morning appointments drag on since I only have two. The rest of the time I spend sketching for our catalogue and bothering my co-workers if they're not busy. I'm practically ready to gauge my eyes out when it's finally time for lunch. I grab my favourite takeout from the street vendor around the corner and come back to the studio, flopping down on the couch in the break room. I'm halfway through my burger when Corbin walks inside.

He nods in satisfaction when he sees me, sitting beside me. "I like the tomboy look."

"Thanks." I look down at my outfit—camouflage pants the colour of fire paired with a black long sleeve crop top and my signature Doc Martins. The beanie pulls it all together alongside the millions of colour bracelets adorning both my arms.

"No problem." He munches on some cucumber sticks. "You've been too busy dressing up for your man lately and looking like a seductive badass. I missed tomboy Lenny."

"I haven't been doing that, asshole." I glare at him. "And he isn't my man."

"Could have fooled me." He grins. "That man is yummy. I would gladly lie down on the floor and let him walk over me like a red carpet."

"Odd choice of visuals." I laugh. "And don't you have a boyfriend now?"

"He's more like my fuck buddy. We haven't even gone on a date yet."

"So ask him. You seem into him."

"I'll do it when you do." He looks at me knowingly and I roll my eyes.

"Wolfe is just my friend. Do I think he's attractive and would fuck his brains out if the opportunity arose? Absolutely. But that hardly means I'm going to date him. That's a completely different story."

"You guys are cute. I'm just saying." He shrugs. "He sure does make you smile a lot for someone who doesn't talk."

"He doesn't need to talk." I snap. "He's fine the way he is."

"Woah, babe." He bursts out laughing. "Relax. I'm not shitting on him. I'm just saying that it's hard to get to know a mute but you've done a good job getting through to him and that's why you two work so well. You probably make him feel seen and heard. It's nice of you."