Chapter 12: why?...

All day marco had been trying to avoid Star , he was scared he may do something stupid again , like try to kiss her . Even tho it was hard seeing Star sad , Marco knew he was doing something right .

Star however felt like she did something to upset her best friend and felt bad about it . " Marco ?" She asked as she stepped into Marcos room " hey " Marco said casually " Marco , I know something's up , spill the beans ." Star said as she sat down next to Marco "Star I promise you did nothing wrong , I'm not mad at you or anything ." Marco said facing her " then why are you acting so distant ? Best friends don't treat each other like that . To be honest it hurts to see you ignoring me..." Star said as she brought her knees her chest and dug her face into her knees . " Star... I'm sorry if I'm acting like this...I do really want to tell you the reason why but I just... can't..." Marco said " Marco... I just don't understand. I don't see any possible way for their to be a reason to ignore me " Star said as she got up and left . Marco stayed on his bed and sighed out "if only you knew." Marco said sadly .

10:00 pm :
Star had been in her room all evening and Marco knew he needed to fix their problem .*knock knock* Marco knocked on stars door " hey Star ." He said as he opened the door slowly to make sure she wasn't asleep " what do you want ?" Star groaned into her pillow , emotionless . Marco sat on the edge of her bed and began " Star , I'm sorry if I've been distant and for being a bad friend , i really am ." Marco said as he moved closer to her. Star got up and looked at him and smiled a bit , Marco opened his arms out for a hug and Star collapsed into his hug , holding onto his waist  and listening to his heartbeat .

The hug lasted a few minutes, when Star let go she looked at him " but I still don't understand why ?" She asked . Marco scratched the back of his neck " Star , I don't really want to tell you..."Marco said nervously . Star sighed and gave up in defeat " I understand... even best friends have their secrets." Star said with a smile at the end .

Soon after Marco left and they were ok.

NEXT WEEK :
Star did her regular burst into Marcos room . " MORNING MARCO !" She shouted waking him up . "AH !" Marco screamed as he feel off his bed and into the floor " why did I buy an alarm clock when you wake me up , All the time !" Marco said a bit irritated. " sorry Marco , but your gonna be happy when I tell you why I woke you up this early ."
" because you love bothering me ?"Marco said jokingly
" no... maybe... but that's not the point ! I woke you up because janna told me about a cool lake we can go visit !"
" whatever Janna says is probably a bad idea Star ." Marco said worried what his friend Janna told Star .
" come on Marco , Jannas not that bad ! Besides , you should loosen up a bit and enjoy yourself ! It's summer after all !"

Marco finally gave up and agreed to go .