Chapter Eight

With Danny out of the picture, I used all my time to focus on Alessandro (or Alex as he asked me to call him). James was disappointed when I first broke the news to him that our double dating days were over. I'd like to say he got over it, but I'd not really had much time to talk it over with him.

I retreated from reality and went into my virtual life with Alex. We were 'together' in pretty much every way than one; actually physically being together. We'd talk on and off throughout the day, and each night he'd wish me goodnight. When I woke up each morning, there would be another message in my inbox telling me to have a good day. I posted more pictures on Instagram, as each time I did, he'd comment, telling me how sexy he thought I was. I lived for his compliments. When we spoke, he called me names like sexy and hot boy. Every time he did, I grinned from cheek to cheek, getting giddy like a school girl.
Each night I would lie on my bed and spend the evening batting messages back and forth with him. I knew that I was neglecting my friendship with James, but he seemed pretty loved up with Tom, so I knew he wouldn't mind too much.

Here is what I learnt about Alessandro in the first few weeks of chatting to him.

He is 21 years old. His birthday is in August. He is Leo.

He is originally from Madrid, in Spain. His family still live there. He is really close to both his mother and father. He has two older brothers.

He came to the UK last year to study architecture. He likes it here and wants to stay even when he's finished his degree.

His full name is Alessandro Jose Rodriguez, Alex for short. I tried looking for him on Facebook, but I couldn't see him on there. He had mentioned since my amateur stalking attempt that he was on there, but deleted his profile due to his ex messaging him constantly.

He had been in two relationships. One when he was seventeen back in Spain. They attempted a long term relationship when he moved to the UK, but it didn't work out. Apparently the guy he was with met someone else not long after, leaving Alex heartbroken. His second relationship lasted just under a year. It ended badly, hence why Alex took himself off Facebook.

He thinks I am eighteen years old. It's just a little white lie. I didn't think he was the kind of guy who would hang out with school kids.

Our relationship was flirty, but had previously not gone any further than that. But then there were two evenings when we were chatting online that things moved on. I can't even remember how it began, but we started telling each other what we liked. I told him that I loved kissing, and he said he'd love to kiss me. I told him that I would really like to kiss him too. From there he went on to tell me what else he would like to do with me. He said all the right things, and it made me really believe that one day we would meet in person and that we would have a sexual relationship. That was what I wanted. I was really into this guy, and wanted every part of him, both his body and soul.

He then sent me a photo. I clicked on it and was presented with a picture of one of the largest...you know, that I have ever seen in my life. I haven't seen all that many in real life, but I've watched a lot of porn over the last couple of years, and he measured up to the guys in those movies. He never asked me to send one back. I didn't feel comfortable doing that and he clearly understood that. But that's not to say I didn't appreciate and enjoy his picture.

The next night the conversation got even more intense between us, but in a completely different way. We had been chatting and flirting all day together, but then he upped his game.

I really like you Ash, he said. I know we haven't even met, but I feel a real connection with you. Something I didn't feel with any of the other guys I've dated.

I knew he would be sat watching his phone anxiously for my reply. He had just opened himself up to me, so I couldn't leave him hanging. So I started typing my reply straight away.

I feel the same way, I said.

I kept it short, so I could send it straight away. I didn't want to leave him hanging a second longer than I had to. He responded straight back.

Alex: I'm so glad. I was worried you would think I was crazy.

Ash: Not at all. I didn't want to say anything in case you thought the same thing about me.

Alex: we can be crazy together.

Ash: Sounds like fun ;)

He was saying all the things I wanted him to say; things that made me feel like all the things I'd been thinking about him were not one sided. But then he said something that really got my heart skipping a beat.

Alex: Are you seeing anyone?

Ash: No, fully single.

He started typing back straight away.

Alex: That's good

Ash: Why is that good?

He hesitated while.

Alex: Because I was hoping we could start seeing each other.

Ash: That sounds like a good idea. You mean like boyfriends?

Alex: Yes, if you want that too?

Ash: I would really like that.

So that was it. We were officially together. I was so excited about my new relationship status that I forgot to ask him one question. When could we actually meet up in person?

Author's note

Hope you're enjoying the story so far. Please vote and comment, even if it's just to say hi and tell me you've read it. I love hearing from you all.