Release Me

Lunox is someone who always scorn whenever she sees a couple wherever. She's not bitter nor someone had her heart broken--in fact, she has never been in a relationship before. And she has a total liking for a specific guy that honestly would turn her world upside down. But because she's the popular girls' target every now and then, no guy had tried asking her out which she is fine with, just it lowers the probability that the guy she likes would notice her.

"Lunox!" 

Lunox groaned as she feels body being shaken. Damn it! She's still sleepy and yet she knows if she doesn't get up the next thing her sister will do is to stride towards her window and spread the curtains. With no choice, she sits up with a half closed eyes. 

"Morning Esmeralda!" she greets her sister while yawning.

"Get up or you're going to be late again!"

"You look like an angel today. Did you curl your hair?"

Esmeralda stopped by the door and turned to see her messed up sister once again. "Cut your crap, Lunox! Start getting ready for school!"

After the door slammed close, Lunox groaned. She has no choice but to get ready for class. Speaking of class, it's Halloween today. The last day of class and then tomorrow is the start of sem-break. The corners of her mouth immediately rose upwards as she toss her blanket away and started getting ready.

Lunox and her sister are living with their grandmother together with two little cousins that she doesn't get along with. Every day is a fight between them three.

After getting ready Lunox went down to eat breakfast with the family. And at the table she can't help but glare at her two little cousins from across the table. This wasn't new at all so they just go along their meals like that.

"So, I'm off to school," Lunox said after just eating a quarter of her breakfast. 

It's her way to avoid her cousins. And before leaving she stuck her tongue out at the two little boys and made her way towards the front door. 

"Lunox!" Esmeralda calls her.

"Yeah?"

"You forgot this," and handed her string bracelet. "I saw it by the sink, it must've slipped from your wrist."

"Thanks," she utters. "I don't know why this keep coming off while the other stays in tact. Anyways, I'm off!" She kissed her sister and went out the door. 

On her way to the senior high school's building, she took the bracelet from her pocket and slides it back to her wrist together with its pair. Thinking about the bracelets, she recalls it was a month ago. 

At a plantation group project where her group mates were popular girls who didn't like to get dirt on their hands. She was black mailed to do the planting all by herself. By cultivating soil, she hit something hard and found an old box. There she found these wax thread bracelets. 

The time when she picked one of the bracelets she had a cut upon picking it up. Something weird since it was just made of thread and she touched it softly. Since then, weird things kept happening like getting white feathers when she wakes up in the middle of the night. But it must have been just pigeons or something.

As soon as she gets inside her classroom, someone grabbed her by the arm and pushed her against the wall. She groans in pain.