The Beginning

Lunox remained silent although it was ridiculous for them to live in a meadow. Maybe there was something in there that only Rafaela could see. Or maybe... this angel had lost her mind.

"Carmilla's son is looking for you," Rafaela uttered, facing her, with lips curved upwards.

"Carmilla's son?"

"The demon who brought you here."

"Dyrroth?" she guessed.

Rafaela chuckled, flying forward, careful not to touch her feet on the ground. "Lunox, I can feel the energy of the twilight orb in you. With the orb's presence, you will summon back the Kingdom of Hikari together with all the sleeping Angels."

"You are really mistaking me for someone else! I don't know what a twilight orb is! This is all new to me!" she yells. Why can't this angel stop blabbering about the twilight orb!"Do I need to go on a quest to get it? Do I have to fight dragons?"

"It's quite astonishing to see you like this, my lady," Rafaela giggled. "In time, you will hear a calling like the old priestesses. In time, you will regain your memories of who you really are."

Now, frustration is showing on Lunox's face. Her life is getting fudge up just because she met some demon! How exciting and confusing her life has become. She got scammed big time!

"He's coming," Rafaela muttered, flying towards her. The angel leaned and gave her a soft kiss on the forehead. "I'll see you soon, destined priestess."

As fast as the passing wind, Rafaela flew, disappearing in the air like there was some invisible portal there, leaving only glitters falling on Lunox. She raised her hand to catch them but it vanished as soon as it touches her hand.

"Amazing!" she exclaims, putting down her hand.

And when she shifted her gaze to the front, hot fluid started rushing on her cheeks, eyes wide when she saw Dyrroth. His eyes were as wide as hers for a moment until he looks away covering half of his face with the back of his hand, looking all cute. She also looked the other way, her hands trying to pull the darn skirt lower.

"I-I didn't know what happened to my old clothes... this just happened," she softly said.

"Y-You look good on 'em."

And she swore, her face is burning up that she wants to squeal so bad but that would be so cringy so she restrained.

When she remained silent, Dyrroth couldn't help but stride closer and pull her for a tight hug. Just today, he doesn't want to hold back whatever he was feeling.

"You got me so worried, I swear I was about to ruin a whole kingdom for you," he whispered.

Unbelievable, she thought but it made her smile, hugging him tighter. She wasn't sure how he was feeling towards her, it was clear to her that she likes him. It could be that she loves him but he keeps changing.

"Do you think she's fine?" Nana asked Harith.

"She should be," he answers.

They were told to wait in an inn for travelers since they landed in the Minami Empire. It's good to be breathing the air of their world again. Fresh, unlike the other world.

"I'm worried. His highness is taking so long."

"I never knew the prince had a soft side. He was always terrifying."

True and everyone who heard of his name will say so. Harith himself wanted to be like Dyrroth, wanting to be strong and be able to do whatever he likes. But he's not strong enough, he can only do little spells and shields.

"I like his highness better with Lunox. He becomes charming," she giggles.

"So, you like him now?"

"Yes!"

He threw her a dirty look.

"But I like you more!" she added.

"Tch," he scrunched up his face.

They're the complete opposite. Nana was sweet and she wants nothing to do with powers. Flowers, she just wanted a lot of flowers. On the contrary, he wanted power and wants to be strong enough. He didn't seem to view his world with flowers in them. But she showed him them and he fell for her instead.

"Should we go get mushrooms once we've finished our mission? Like the old times."

Nana glances at him and answers, "You said you were going to leave me once you found me a home."

"I've changed my mind. We should be home to each other," he said, plastering a smile. "Your papa will like that idea better."

Almost instantly, Nana's tears started falling from her eyes. She sobs and while trying to wipe her own tears, beaming at him. The worry she has been carrying has been lifted.

When Lunox and Dyrroth came back, the Kitsunes' jaws dropped when they saw how Lunox had changed. It wasn't just her clothes but also her hairstyle. She looked more like from their world now.

"You look perfectly splendid, Lunox!" Nana exclaimed, her eyes twinkling at Lunox. The little fox demon even giggled.

"I on the other hand think I should change. Just look at this!" She gestures herself with her hands, disgusted by her own looks. "I have become someone I am not! And I look like an idol or some cosplayer!"

"Doesn't she look lovely, prince Dyrroth?"

When Nana asked that, Lunox's heart skipped a beat. Oh for goodness sake! Why would Nana even ask Dyrroth when it could have been Harith!

"Well... I think she already knows the answer," he muttered, looking away for some reason. Then Dyrroth faced Harith. "We need to get rooms. Mind coming with me?"

After the males left, Lunox started shaking Nana, her cheeks still hot with what the kitsune did. Darn it! Why does she even need to come into their world with these clothes? Once she stopped, Nana felt dizzy.

"Where can I find clothes that are comfortable?" she asked.

"Probably at the center market but you have to have money. I don't have money."

"I don't have money either! The skirt is too short and these designs look beautiful but they are itchy!"

"Let's ask the pri— Dyrroth once they are back. Our last resort is Dyrroth. Harith is probably broke too."

So they waited for Dyrroth and Harith and while doing so, Lunox kept hearing a voice inside her head. It's like someone was singing some melody, a lullaby to her and she kept looking around. All the creatures were busy just passing by and doing their own business. How come she's hearing it?

"Nana, do you hear some singing?" she finally asked.

"No," Nana answered, her fox ears moving and trying to sense something. "I really don't."

That means the song is probably in her head. It took her back to what that Angel had ridiculously called her. Maybe Nana knows something.

"May I ask you something, Nana?"

"Hmm? Sure!"

"What is Hikari?"

Just judging from the way Nana's eyes widened, Lunox already felt something fishy.

"Well, Hikari is a kingdom in a famous legend where the white wings exist."

"White wings?" Isn't it what she saw?

"Angels," Nana answered. "Legends says the kingdom of Hikari is the domain of angels with their priestess. They protect the twilight orb and maintain the balance of dark and light. But of course, they were only legends."

Hearing those from Nana, it greatly made sense to her now. Hikari and the priestess. Is she an incarnation of the priestess? Is that angel calling to her? And summoning Hikari? How the hell is she supposed to do that? Someone could be playing games with her. I need to see that angel again.

"Where can I read the whole story?"