Deceiving

The next day after class, Lunox waited at the gate together with Angela. She had a wide smile on her face, excited to get back her music box. It has been really long since she last heard of the song inside.

"Are you really sure it was Leomord you saw? Because from the looks of it, it's like you were just daydreaming!" Angela told her.

"Come on! It was him!" she yells, tiptoeing to see a tall fine good looking man come out of the building. "There! He's coming this way!"

"Can you stop! Where's Lunox? The one who hates girls being cringy with men?!"

"Hush it, Angela! I'm just excited to get my music box!"

Angela just rolled her eyes. Oh sure! Music box! She knows too well that her bestfriend has high hopes when it comes to Leomord. Though she's got nothing against the man just, she's not just comfortable about them.

When Leomord approached, he had that disappointed look on his face. That washed away Lunox's bright smiles. 

"Look, Lunox, I'm sorry." He took her hand, surprising Angela at how close they were. "I tried but Kylie was there.  We fought for it and it ended up in ruins."

"I-uh..." Lunox had tears forming in her eyes, lips trembling as she let go of his hands. "T-thanks anyway, Leomord."

"Uhm, if you want let's go for a coffee? I just want to cheer--"

"No, no!" she cuts him off. "I better just get going for now." 

"Uhm... next time then? You're available by then right?"

When Angela saw her friend is having an internal breakdown she grabbed Lunox's arm and intrude. "Yes! She will see you again when she's normal again," she answers. "We need to get going now!"

Inside of  Angela's car, Lunox had to pour her heart out, almost finishing a whole box of tissue. The news of her music box in ruins shatters her heart too.

"He's my crush but still! It's like I'm mourning for my mom again! Not like I have a dang picture of her!" Lunox bawled. 

"It's really weird when you all like don't have a picture of your mom."

"Well, she's not part of their family and me and Esmeralda just have half their blood!"

"That's still weird," Angela commented. "And may I remind you that you blew your chance with your long time crush!" She sobbed-laugh. 

"Stop!" Lunox cries. "Even if I said yes I would've still cry like this! He's just too good to see me cry like this."

Too good? Angela thought. "If he was too good, he would've gathered all the pieces and brought it to you!" 

It froze Lunox. Maybe Leomord was not the type she thinks he was. It made her scoff, wiping her tear again. It was just nice to like somebody you barely know but when you get to know them it's just either you fall in love with them or you'll just fall out.

"Yeah," she agreed. "I think I should walk today. To unwind and get my thoughts better."

"Are you sure?" Angela raised her brow.

"Yes! I could just take the bus or the train if I get too far," she smiled. 

"Call me whenever you get lost or when you're in danger or anything!" 

Lunox got off the car. "You're like a mom to me. I love you," she tells Angela before closing the door. 

To visit an old shrine, she walked the long staircase. On the last step she sat down, lurking at what's beneath and what's ahead. She sighed heavily, eyes glossy again.

"If you had just stick around this earth long enough for me to see your face, I wouldn't have hold on for that box," she squeals, sobbing again.

After she calm, she watched a flock birds flying freely. As she thinks of those feathers she thought of those feathers in her room. She wished she could see her mom or even the angel guarding her. Speaking of that angel--the demon has not visited her yet since yesterday!

With her brows knitted together, she stands up and walk towards the bell. The bell that you ring when you say your prayers. And so she holds on to the rope and sway it, closing her eyes and silently wishing she could see her mom again.

When she finished, she open her eyes but the smile on her face faded. She blinked couple of times but it was true that she's really seeing the damn demon grinning charmingly in front of her. His eyes were the lightest of blue and far from his demonic eyes. 

"Yo!" he flicked her forehead to wake her up.

"You shit!" she yells, rubbing her forehead, and glaring at him. 

"You in your world now?" he asked. "Oh! You thought I was not coming for you anymore, huh?"

"How'd you know I was here?" 

"Your stinking scent," he chuckled, moving away from the bell and walking ahead of her. "Feels nice here!"

"You're not trying to kill me right now, right?" 

"Do you want to roll down from up this hill?" 

Lunox felt foreign to the demon in front of her. He doesn't seem the notorious blood seeking demon who tried  to kill her couple of times! It's bothersome to her!

And when he sat down where she sat earlier, it made her wonder if he had his eyes on her since earlier. With such big steps, she reached him and sat beside him, gazing at where she had once looked earlier.

"Were you here the whole time or..."

"I was here when you rang the bell," he answered, turning to face her. "That human you hugged from yesterday. Do you know of him?"

With a brow raised, she faced him. "You were following me?! Stalker!" 

"He lied to you," he uttered.

"What?!" she moves away from him. "The last time I believed you, you had been trying to kill me! So, no way am I believing a demon! You're a devil! You deceive!"

The demons face softened. She was waiting for his eyes to turn red, for his horn to magically appear and his wings to spread! But it didn't happen. Instead, the demon calmly stood up, staring at her in the eyes. Once he gave her a smirk, he vanished with the wind. 

Suddenly she felt bad for what she had abruptly said. But they were true... demons they always bring out the bad in people. Or was people the devils that brings out one another's true nature? She doesn't know.

With a heavy chest, she went home. Not even minding how her grandmother was furiously blabbering something on her way up.

In her room she immediately threw herself in bed, sighing heavily, curling up. It feels like all her world crumple and she need to write it! Yes! She needs to burn the heavy feelings!

Lunox stand up like a zombie but then her eyes widened when she saw what's on her table. Blinking to what's surreal, she strode and cover her mouth when she was in front. It was real! Her mother's music box was there!

"But he said..." her forehead creased. "It should've been in ruins."

He lied to you... she heard his voice in her head. Every word she yelled at him, that smirk he gave her, what he was after earlier!

"He wanted to give me this..." she mumbled, slowly sitting on her chair. "Ugh! I'm so dumb!"