Always

"So, what is his name?" Lunox asked.

Nana and Harith looked at each other. Their prince didn't tell them if it was something they can tell the human but it might also lead to their deaths.

"We aren't allowed to tell," Nana lowered her head.

Lunox flashed a smile and took Nana and Harith's hand which widened their eyes. They took potion to make them look like normal humans earlier and she dressed them up, stealing clothes from her cousins. 

"Okay then, might as well  not speak of the devil," she tells them. "Since I'm not old enough to drive yet, we'll just take the bus."

"What's a bus?" Harith asked as soon as they sat on a bus stop. "Is it a big carriage? A flying carpet? Huge saber tooth?"

"Uhmm..." She looks everywhere but then good thing the bus stopped. "That is a bus!"

"We're riding that?" Nana gasped.

She took their hands again and they went inside. They sat at the back where they can all sit together. 

"I can't believe we're in its stomach and it's cold here."

Lunox couldn't help but chortle at how cute the kisunes are. They're like her cousins when they're in a good mood but so much better.  They behave adorably, gaping as they look at everything outside.

 They remind her of when she was still little. When her parents used to take her and Esmeralda to a long drive and they watch the sunset with chips on their hands. She missed those days. Although she can't really recall her mother's face completely.

Infront of the mall, they gawk at how tall the building was. Lunox could feel the sweat in their hands. 

"Let's go and indulge in the wonders of my world," she smirked as they enter the wonderful mall.

Lunox showed them what's inside the mall, answering each their questions. She didn't have a lot in her pocket but her dad taught her, 'If you can give happiness, then give some even if it means it will leave you less'. 

When she saw Nana staring at a dress, she approached her. 

"You like that?" she asked. "We should buy it."

"In our world, only those with a family wears a beautiful dress."

"Well..." she put a hand on Nana's shoulder. "We're not on your world."

It made Nana's eyes sparkle and they picked it up. Then Lunox checked the other side and saw Harith staring at a picture frame with the inside photo of different fruits and vegetables.

"Do you want that frame, Harith?"

The boy looks at her. "No but it has the foods I like in them."

"ah!" she clapped that surprised Harith. "We should get some fruits and veggies then!"

On their way to the grocery section, they came by a stall that sells hot dogs. Lunox noticed how the two demons drool over the stall and so they stopped. She bought two. First bite of Nana and her face softened. 

"You wait here for a moment, okay?" She told them both when she sees a stall that sells sundae and fries. 

It took her a while but when she gave them what she bought, she just couldn't get enough of their reactions. Her cousins were nothing like these two. Showie and Teille were always spoiled, loved and protected. Sometimes, if her sister wasn't smart, their grandmother would've thrown them out already--or thrown her out!