Ought

"Forgive my intrusion, your highness... but why can't you kill that human?" Cyclops asked before the prince of Tsukiyumi disappears from his humble home.

"The bracelet holds my heart," he answered. "When she's in pain, I'm in more pain. She's always in my head. And I'm starting to get these feelings I don't trust."

"Is it fondness you feel for that human?"

"Tch!" the demon's mouth twitched. "Fondness? I only feel that when I think of stealing the throne!"

"If it's possible to ignore her, then I suggest you stay away from that human, your highness."

"Why's that? Shouldn't I be planning her death?"

"I'm afraid affection will start to grow whenever you lay your eyes on her."

"You must think I'm a weak fool!" he glowered at Cyclops. "I'm going to kill her before she kills me!"

The astronomer lowered his head, not daring to look at the demon in front of him. "Forgive me for speaking  what's on my mind, your highness." 

He heavily sighed, standing up from his seat. "Send a message to the wind when you finally have an answer." After saying so, the demon just disappeared with a sly smoke effect. 

"That bracelet should challenge his highness' stone cold heart," Cyclops softly chuckles and get back on his work.

Lunox woke up to a sore throat and hand print on  her  neck. Her fingers were trembling as they brush through her skin, waters from her eyes started flowing down as she closes her lids.

"What time is it?" her voice was raspy, it hurts to speak.

The surrounding was still dark and she slowly sit up resting her back against the metal bed frame. She tossed her blanket to the side, her feet almost touching the floor when a familiar cold wind blew.

This darn room was close nor does it have a fan to create such wind that made some strand of her hair float. She turns to the side and see the demon sitting comfortably on the sofa bed near the door. His eyes darting at her.

That demon almost killed her twice now, but she ended up alive again. Her knees were shaking, colors from her face fading. But she bravely returned his stare.

"If you're here to kill me again, do it fast." 

 "Does it hurt?" the demon asked, giving her a smirk. "You sound in pain."

"Thanks to you," she whispers with a blank stare.

From his seat, in a blink of an eye, he's now in front of her. Her breathing heaved as she watches him close. She didn't notice it before but his eyes were now blue-is gray, no black vein like things popping out of his face. He almost looked like a normal human. 

When he move his hand, she instantly shut her eyes. And she felt his finger caressing her cheeks, moving down to her neck where she meets the end of her. 

Lunox waited to feel pain but then his touch left her skin. Her eyes snapped open and she met the demon's eyes as he was taking steps back.

"W-what did you do?" She touched her neck and it didn't hurt anymore. 

"Not this time, mortal." 

The demon turn his back on her and then disappeared, leaving only a sly black smoke that faded within seconds. She blinked couple of times, processing in her head that she's alive once more. 

"I didn't die!" she exclaimed, raking her hair with her fingers, mouth open. "Oh shoot, I didn't--" and she fainted so suddenly. 

Before Lunox's head could hit the bed frame, the demon slip his hand in between. He exhaled in relief, shoulders down. When he realized what he did, he pushed her head to the other side landing to a pillow. Then, he lifted her legs and straighten them.

"Damn this human's legs are heavy!" he complained. 

The more he looks at the mortal, the more his heart flatters and it disgust him. He wants to choke her, he wants to burn her, poison her, stab her to death. But just thinking about it makes him close his eyes with the stinging feeling in his chest.

"She's hideous," he uttered showing a scrunched face.

"Have you anything about my son's whereabouts?" 

The king, Alucard, just came unannounced at Cyclops' humble home after a loyal subject reported the prince's escape. 

"I welcome you to my humble shop, your majesty." The one eye astronomer stopped whatever he was doing and bowed to the king. "But I'm afraid, his highness came just to ask a question."

"A question?" Alucard raised his brows.

"Yes, your majesty."

"And that is?"

"About a thread bracelet just like the legend that disappeared together with the kingdom of Hikari."

It was no Legend and every old folk knew of it. All of it were real until the old King announced of it as a mere legend. Anyone who speaks of it are silenced without hesitation and the story then died but never to Cyclops.

"Cecilion's wristlet..." the king, murmured. "How did he posses such thing?"

"The mortal from the other world, I believe that young lady had brought it to him."

"A human?" Alucard's forehead creased. 

"That mortal holds his heart, your majesty."

The king let out a sigh, sitting on a chair the prince seated on awhile back, massaging his temples. If only he had not imprisoned his son in the other world, that troublesome prince wouldn't have a step closer to the truth.

"Wouldn't it be better if we let the bracelet on the prince, your majesty?"

"And why is that?"

"If the mighty Cecilion's bracelet has found it's way to wrap its thread around the prince's wrist, then it must be to tame him."

"What if he ends up dying in the hands of a mortal? Wouldn't it be better if I kill the human and earn his trust while I'm still stronger than him?"

"I understand, my lord. But consider those bracelets' history. You can not alter what's bound to happen.

The stars are my eyes... If the prince turns his back on his kingdom, to tame him, we ought to chain his heart instead."

Alucard look over the kingdom his father enthroned him. He has been protecting Tsukiyumi and his people for a long time now. Never did he dream of taking over the kingdom nor the power it has to be called king. If only his son could understand how big the responsibility is.

He continued to let the wind touch his face while closing his eyes when suddenly soft hands wrapped around his waist. The corner of his mouth lift up as he looks down to his queen.

"You're frowning again, my love," Miya softly told her husband. "You'll get old quick if you do it often."

"If you kiss me often then my frowns will go away fast."

Miya giggled but she knows better. "You're worrying about our dear son again, aren't you?"

Alucard breathe in sharply, just staring at the eyes of her beautiful elf queen. Her presence was enough to iron his wrinkled forehead. She's the only reason he's still intact. 

"My love," she touched his cheek. "Our son is our son. He will soon realize that and we will be together again like when he and Silvanna were still little."

He showed a faint smile. "I hope our son will never turn his back on us. It will mean war and I never wish his death on my hand."